LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

fasteddie

33 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Gonna have to stop smoking and eating better so you don't risk a heart attack when a monster steps out in front of you! I don't do anything and even my heart feels like it's gonna jump out of my chest when I see even a doe I want to shoot!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Does typically raise my heart rate by 3-7BPM, but then once i see no antlers through binoculars i instantly go flaccid

• Like 1

Does typically raise my heart rate by 3-7BPM, but then once i see no antlers through binoculars i instantly go flaccid
Hahaha. Well that's because you haven't slayed your first buck with the bow yet. You're only interested in getting boned. If you ever decide to pursue does as well then maybe you'll get more excited. I just love hunting and seeing animals near me in their natural element. It's the reason why I hunt!

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Hahaha. Well that's because you haven't slayed your first buck with the bow yet. You're only interested in getting boned. If you ever decide to pursue does as well then maybe you'll get more excited. I just love hunting and seeing animals near me in their natural element. It's the reason why I hunt!

I like taking videos/pics. I shot my last doe in 2001, unless a piebald walks by.

14 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Hope not that's pretty silly

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That will never happen, thats white privilege 

I can't find the full list, but at least 10 states have prohibitions.

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Which states so I can avoid them?

not sure, but there are a lots of wacky laws out there. That's why i always read the regs. Montana IIRC does not allow trail cam use during open seasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

not sure, but there are a lots of wacky laws out there. That's why i always read the regs. Montana IIRC does not allow trail cam use during open seasons.

Thats not all that wacky to me, sort of an unfair advantage measure. Not saying I think it is an unfair advantage because I think they save more bucks lives than take them lol. I think we had a law against "communicating game movement electronically" like with walkie talkies. This was before texting/cell phones

Well I always just go guided outside of NY since I suck. So figure lead me to the animals and I can make the shot. Me finding the animals is clearly not my forte

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Thats not all that wacky to me, sort of an unfair advantage measure. Not saying I think it is an unfair advantage because I think they save more bucks lives than take them lol. I think we had a law against "communicating game movement electronically" like with walkie talkies. This was before texting/cell phones

here's a few more:

No sunday hunting in many states and canadians provinces.

No dog tracking big game in Pennsylvania. Luna would be banned.

some states you cannot shoot a deer if it is standing in 1" deep water of a stream

Lighted nocks are ILLEGAL in some states

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Well I always just go guided outside of NY since I suck. So figure lead me to the animals and I can make the shot. Me finding the animals is clearly not my forte

Still good to know the rules/land. I've read some horror stories on bowsite of guys killing nice animals only to have them confiscated because they guide led them onto illegal land.

• Like 1

Still good to know the rules/land. I've read some horror stories on bowsite of guys killing nice animals only to have them confiscated because they guide led them onto illegal land.
Well yes that is never a good thing either which is why you should always use a reputable guide as well. And I'd agree it is also our responsibility as hunters to know the regs for the area we are hunting

Natural habitat? Aren’t you the one that has a stand on someone’s paved driveway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Young bucks are bumping does around right now in my area. Mature bucks arent doing that yet. I grunted at a mature buck Saturday, trying to get him to come to me, he turned and looked, but then just walked away. Snort Wheeze had no effect. I dont think its time quite yet.

Same thing in 8H had a basket grunting and bump does out of bedding.. Well I heard the grunting first and man was my heart pumping

Edited by JRod 8G8H
  • Like 1

Natural habitat? Aren’t you the one that has a stand on someone’s paved driveway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In my defense the driveway is nearly half a mile long. So it's "semi natural" habitat

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Well yes that is never a good thing either which is why you should always use a reputable guide as well. And I'd agree it is also our responsibility as hunters to know the regs for the area we are hunting

The stories i read were ruputable guides and big time (>$10K hunts).