Name the cartridges

moog5050

6 hours ago, moog5050 said:

You should build a 220 Russian upper.  Be unique! 

No, i like being able to buy brass for what i shoot. Not a fan of having to fire form or other stuff like that. I actually have a upper in .277 wolverine that i built only because it came with 100pcs of starline brass. Guess i do have a obscure round. But id like to sell it, doesnt wow me with ballistics.

20 hours ago, SmokeinTN said:

the 25 rem was introduced in 1906  it was rem version of the 25-35 win.the 220r was produced for Sako in 1965

In my "accumulation"  of cartridges ( it's not organized enough to be termed a collection)  I have a .25-36 Marlin, which   was Marlin's  equivalent to the then quite popular .25-35 Win. I don't know how many years they manufactured it...

14 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

In my "accumulation"  of cartridges ( it's not organized enough to be termed a collection)  I have a .25-36 Marlin, which   was Marlin's  equivalent to the then quite popular .25-35 Win. I don't know how many years they manufactured it...

the 1893 Marlin in 25-36 was first introduced in June of 1895 and the old Marlin records ended in 1906. We will probably never know how many years they were manufactured..

21 minutes ago, SmokeinTN said:

the 1893 Marlin in 25-36 was first introduced in June of 1895 and the old Marlin records ended in 1906. We will probably never know how many years they were manufactured..

I checked on a Marlin Forum and a gent on there who seems knowledgeable said he thought it was manufactured up into the 1920s...

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I checked on a Marlin Forum and a gent on there who seems knowledgeable said he thought it was manufactured up into the 1920s...

Actually stated in my Blue Book they were made to 1935. The actual count of produced is not stated.

• Like 1