Peregrine Falcon in my yard

Hunter007

So just got home and look to my left and out of the corner of my eye I see a falcon just standing there next to the  bushes of my yard .

I walk over to get a closer look because at first i thought i was seeing things and it disappeared walked right into the bushes so now I'm thinking what am I hallucinating and nobody's going to believe me  so I walked right up to the bushes seeing if I can flush him out  just to take a picture. 

I thought maybe it was hurt but then I see another falcon come out of the other bush .

Didn't think they spend so much time near  the ground like that . Is that normal behavior for those types of birds ?

Or maybe they just killed something in that bush and we're feeding .

20190208_165304.jpg

20190208_165140.jpg

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

They're cool birds aren't they?  I posted a YouTube link a few weeks ago of a peregrine in my back yard that had a blue jay on the ground.

My yard is full of English sparrows and rabbits that live in and around those bushes I'm guessing that is why they are hanging out there . Just surprised me that they let me get so close and not fly way up in a high tree .

1 minute ago, Storm914 said:

Really I figured it was a peregrine but that was just a guess .

I have never actually seen a peregrine, just pictures, but the banded tail feathers  rung a bell..I have seen lots of sharp shins and Cooper's...Both accipiters  very similar to the falcons... Nice pictures, Stormy....

• Like 2