Lawdwaz

Ruger Bearcat or Single Six

Ruger single-6 is a beautiful & nostalgic plinker. I've owned two. Yeah, regretted selling 1st one so much decades later bought my current one. Not the most comfortable handgun when holstered  on the hip. Makes me wonder how the cowboys dealt with those big old holstered Colt Peacemakers..!?!

You could get a little wild and get an sr22...:rolleyes:

Edited by sbuff

i think it's a single six that's been passed down that sits in a family gun cabinet.  don't have much knowledge of either but seems i've hear of the single six more than a bearcat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

On 2/12/2019 at 5:55 AM, sbuff said:

I looked at a couple at Cabela's the other day.  I ALMOST caved in.........but didn't, not yet. :)

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

I've hit a couple of the local gun shops looking for a smoking deal on a Single Six, New Model 5.5" barrel.  Blued or stainless would suffice......no luck.  Seen some junk that's for sure!

Still have a couple spots to hit before I go new and have a couple I'd like to sell or trade in.  We'll see....

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

I looked at a couple at Cabela's the other day.  I ALMOST caved in.........but didn't, not yet.

My long slide sr22 is my most carried gun I own. Unless I’m heading into civilization and may need a real gun the sr22 is on my belt. It’s accurate as hell with timed reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

My long slide sr22 is my most carried gun I own. Unless I’m heading into civilization and may need a real gun the sr22 is on my belt. It’s accurate as hell with timed reliability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does "timed reliability" mean?

Smacked him in the back of the head while he was running down a log . Notice he still has the acorn he was carrying  in his mouth. That was not staged.

• Like 1

Smacked him in the back of the head while he was running down a log . Notice he still has the acorn he was carrying  in his mouth. That was not staged.
I was wondering what that lump was

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

On 2/12/2019 at 5:55 AM, sbuff said:

So a Bass Pro/Cabela's flyer came today........Ruger SR22 on sale from $399 to $319 from 2/22-March 3.   Just an FYI :)

Just now, sbuff said:

I already own one !!

You have two hands?

Get another...........

57 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

You have two hands?

Get another...........

Reminds me of a line from " Tombstone"..

Billy Clanton..." He's so drunk he couldn't hit anything..He's probably seeing double"

Doc Holliday .."  I have TWO guns...One for each of you..".....

• Like 3

I found a stainless 5.5" Single Six convertible, circa 1984 at Wolcott Guns a couple weeks ago.  They had a good price on it and were pleasant to deal with, all good with them.

I shot it (with .22RF cylinder) just before the high winds came last Sunday.  Although I own a 44 Special Ruger single action revolver, I haven't shot it much.  The single six got 40 quick rounds down the pipe and it was fun and pretty accurate before I was hit with a rain squall and the winds. 

OaKdXOU.jpg

• Like 7