Anyone watching AAF (Alliance of American Football)?

goosifer

I'm watching the Atlanta vs. Orlando game. Some different rules: 35 second play clock, no kicked extra points. It's a little rough/unpolished. Really seems like the raw talent is even, so coaching and discipline really make the difference. Steve Spurrier is the coach for Orlando, and is beating Atlanta bad.  Before, the half, Orlando ran a Philly Special play for a TD. Well, I'm not a hockey or basketball fan, so I'll take what I can get.

Anyone else watching?

Edited by goosifer
correction: Spurrier is coach for Orlando

2 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Was out and about last evening so I missed it. There's a 4:00 pm game on today that I'll watch. MIke Singletary is the head coach of one of the teams. 

I'm a fan of his from the '86 Bears. Very intense dude. Surprised he hasn't been successful as an NFL coach. Jeff Fisher is somehow involved with the AAF at the league level as well. Has always amazed me how many guys from that team are now coaches.

2 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Did I hear the teams are affiliated with college teams ? Sorta like a training ground for the NFL

It seems to be being presented more as a development league for the NFL. Announcer mentioned how the teams make an effort to play all players on the roster to give all of the players reps/looks.

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Did I hear the teams are affiliated with college teams ? Sorta like a training ground for the NFL

Not really but you’re kind of right. What they tried doing was lumping in local college players with that specific regional team. For example if you look at the Birmingham roster they have a lot of players from the SEC. Trent Richardson’s on the team for example. Orlando has a lot of Florida players.  Etc. So I think they were trying to corner that fan market a little bit where the local college players are on that local team.

I watched some of the highlights from yesterday and it wasn’t that bad from what I saw. Clearly not NFL caliber but definitely watchable

I caught some of last nights game by accident. Wife was flipping and I caught football on the screen and asked her to go back, no words can describe the look of horror on her face when she realized it was a live game LOL.

Looks promising, I hope it works out and gets some longevity. Another 12 weeks of American Football? Yes please.

I have to sit and watch a few full games, get a better feel and then pick a team. Right now leaning towards Atlanta or Birmingham. Maybe if it works out NY will get a team?

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 2

Not really but you’re kind of right. What they tried doing was lumping in local college players with that specific regional team. For example if you look at the Birmingham roster they have a lot of players from the SEC. Trent Richardson’s on the team for example. Orlando has a lot of Florida players.  Etc. So I think they were trying to corner that fan market a little bit where the local college players are on that local team.

I watched some of the highlights from yesterday and it wasn’t that bad from what I saw. Clearly not NFL caliber but definitely watchable

The players can also opt out for an NFL opportunity at any time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I watched . The game is what I expected very unpolished. Qb position from the 3 games I seen was very poor. I’m just glad we have football during the nfl off season. I’m not a hockey guy and can’t stand basketball. Lacrosse is awesome but gets no exposure. The one thing I really like is players having somewhere to showcase talents where before they had nothing. I hope the league survives!

• Like 1