Amazon's Echo

Paula

We have two of them. One in the kitchen and the other in my daughter's room. Wife loves for dictating her grocery shopping list. We have a couple of smart plugs hooked up to it for lighting.  We have a Sirius-XM so it is nice to tell it to play anything on that without having to push a button. It also works with Pandora music. Daughter likes to have it play meditation music to help her fall to sleep at night. And of course asking goofy questions to see how it will answer is fun. 

On 2/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, Paula said:

Anyone use these things?

I was given one for Christmas and it kind ticks me off, you have to pay extra for the music. I still haven't listened to it on her. 

So I also have the smart plug, anyone have one and what do you use it for?

we have 3. if you have internet it will play Pandora and IHeart Radio.  we use the smart plug a lot. we use to have it on the Christmas tree lights and could turn it off with voice commands. We now have it on a light and can turn it on or off from anywhere we are on our phones. Makes my wife feel better when the dog isn't in the dark. 

• Like 2

I said "Alexa...turn on the living room lights."

Alexa said "get your lazy ass up and turn it on yourself."

My wife is name Alexa.

Kidding.  That's not her name.  But I did ask her for her opinion about getting the bulb and her response was:

"We live in a NYC apartment.  The living room is the next room over not downstairs.  How lazy are you?"  Hate when she makes sense.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1