Tripod suggestions

Chef

Gotta buddy who runs/owns a pretty big company that machines/invents mounts for accessories to be mounted to very high end telescopes.
I was showing him a few saddle mounts last night that were pushing the 300 dollar range and he has decided to venture into creating a mount for me and possibly to sell.
Can't wait to see what he comes up with, but he was very intrigued by the whole concept.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Gotta buddy who runs/owns a pretty big company that machines/invents mounts for accessories to be mounted to very high end telescopes.
I was showing him a few saddle mounts last night that were pushing the 300 dollar range and he has decided to venture into creating a mount for me and possibly to sell.
Can't wait to see what he comes up with, but he was very intrigued by the whole concept.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I machined this saddle mount from scratch for my tripod. 

20190122_133340.jpg

20190125_085951_001.jpg

3 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

I machined this saddle mount from scratch for my tripod. 

20190122_133340.jpg

20190125_085951_001.jpg

Looks great.  I like how it conforms to the shape of the stock by allowing the side plate to angle if needed.  Similar to the reaper.  You put some thought into it.  I assume you mount that on a ball head to tilt and pan.

Add a bit of curve or angle at the top to catch the gun if it rocked!  Allows for a slightly looser grip.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1

If I can find time, Ill gladly make you all one, Just may be many many lunch breaks from now lol.

17 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Looks great.  I like how it conforms to the shape of the stock by allowing the side plate to angle if needed.  Similar to the reaper.  You put some thought into it.  I assume you mount that on a ball head to tilt and pan.

Add a bit of curve or angle at the top to catch the gun if it rocked!  Allows for a slightly looser grip.

This is mounted to a fluid head currently, only because i had one on hand. But a ball head would be even better. I just kept it cheap as I could for this test mount. Ill Take it to the field test it, and see what I need/want to change etc.. As for adding a curve or angle, My initial thought was to just add more "cushion/padding" at the top, as long as its secure and rigid it should act as the same. But I can also put a light angle to it as well. I was hoping enough padding or cushion should absorb the contour of and stock enough to dead hold it.. We''ll see... Brad requested one too so that makes #6 lol  

20 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

If I can find time, Ill gladly make you all one, Just may be many many lunch breaks from now lol.

This is mounted to a fluid head currently, only because i had one on hand. But a ball head would be even better. I just kept it cheap as I could for this test mount. Ill Take it to the field test it, and see what I need/want to change etc.. As for adding a curve or angle, My initial thought was to just add more "cushion/padding" at the top, as long as its secure and rigid it should act as the same. But I can also put a light angle to it as well. I was hoping enough padding or cushion should absorb the contour of and stock enough to dead hold it.. We''ll see... Brad requested one too so that makes #6 lol  

Definitely a professional job Bryan!

so if I am tossing out suggestions, quick release lever so rifle can be pulled or set quickly would be the ultimate.   I suppose it would have to be a lever with a Cam and some sort of adjustable nut on the backside

just to keep things simple.  Lol.   I am glad I don’t have your skills or I would be playing too much.  .   

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

so if I am tossing out suggestions, quick release lever so rifle can be pulled or set quickly would be the ultimate.   I suppose it would have to be a lever with a Cam and some sort of adjustable nut on the backside

just to keep things simple.  Lol.   I am glad I don’t have your skills or I would be playing too much.  .   

It could be done like the Wicked Lights gen 3 gun mount, which is the cats ass.

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Already attached! lol. look at the picture where its been dura-coated, you'll partially see it under neath. My fluid head has the quick attach  to it.. 

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 2