So this came today

Chef

13 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Lol I’m guessing from the forum I bought that from that it wasn’t trash to its previous owner either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely......half the stuff I have wouldn’t be desirable to most here.  Good for you, what other WWII memorabilia do you have?

Absolutely......half the stuff I have wouldn’t be desirable to most here.  Good for you, what other WWII memorabilia do you have?

M1 Garand, m1 carbine, my grandfathers metals, g98/40 Mauser with markings, Japanese Nambu pistol, holster that came with the pistol. Assorted ammo and bandoliers

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chefhunter86 said:

M1 Garand, m1 carbine, my grandfathers metals, g98/40 Mauser with markings, Japanese Nambu pistol, holster that came with the pistol. Assorted ammo and bandoliers

Pic of the M1 please.  Always wanted one. Someday.  

Very nice. 
Obviously condition is important, but what do you look for when searching for a M1? I'm assuming some are worth more or desirable then others.

Condition, muzzle and throat wear, import marks, manufacturer. Date manufactured. Type of m1, tanker, m1 D, is it lend lease. Are all the parts close to the same date. This is rare as many guns were stripped down and reassembled many times. They were all stripped into large bins and re assembled from mix matched parts. I have a Springfield from 1943, I would really like to buy a Winchester.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Saw this bayonet up on another forum I’m on and just had to have it... I love adding to my wwII Arsenal

6cd25020defc60aba21a259652c1d29c.jpg

b2b9b9b20f7e478d9485deb959bd278c.jpg

Really and you didn't have to go pick it up at a FFL ?

I can see the lot in government now making that a new dumb law anytime  now  .

20 hours ago, chefhunter86 said:

Saw this bayonet up on another forum I’m on and just had to have it... I love adding to my wwII Arsenal

6cd25020defc60aba21a259652c1d29c.jpg

b2b9b9b20f7e478d9485deb959bd278c.jpg

LOL - for a minute I thought you had padded walls in the first pic.  All well at the asylum?

Department of Civilian Maksmanship….

Govt. agency that sells surplus military arms such as  Garands and  1911s...I think you need to be a member of a gun club to qualify for one..I'm sure you could find out on Google or from one of the firearms knowledgable members here, such as Chef, Rattler or Airedale...

Govt. agency that sells surplus military arms such as  Garands and  1911s...I think you need to be a member of a gun club to qualify for one..I'm sure you could find out on Google or from one of the firearms knowledgable members here, such as Chef, Rattler or Airedale...
Are they similar to the CMP? Because it is almost impossible to find a CMP club or organization to join in Westchester that isn't full or no info how to join

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NVM DCM became the CMP

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk