Pics of my semi diy stabilizer

rob-c

I built this stab from old arrows and a kit from Hi-tek stabilizer’s. I  had bought two of theses kit’s some time ago and forgot I had them . you can cut your arrows any length you want to experiment with what works best for you. You install inserts on both ends and use the screws to secure it together. I used 300 spine arrows to make it as stiff as possible, One thing I did is the center holes I found a 2216 aluminum   shaft fit pretty good and found my 300 carbons slid inside the 2216 perfect,  I epoxied them together and made a nice super  stiff rod. The center rod you have to epoxy in as there’s no other way to attach it. Once I settled on what I liked I figured might as well epoxy it all together and used blue loctite on the screws. You can add anything on the end that you want  weights, doinker, simms stab enhancers etc. 

F5E07F66-6FCB-4A4F-9A90-D8C49E1F68B8.jpeg

8FE33260-27EA-4CAC-B335-35532B8E7C92.jpeg

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 2

I built this stab from old arrows and a kit from Hi-tek stabilizer’s. I  had bought two of theses kit’s some time ago and forgot I had them . you can cut your arrows any length you want to experiment with what works best for you. You install inserts on both ends and use the screws to secure it together. I used 300 spine arrows to make it as stiff as possible, One thing I did is the center holes I found a 2216 aluminum   shaft fit pretty good and found my 300 carbons slid inside the 2216 perfect,  I epoxied them together and made a nice super  stiff rod. The center rod you have to epoxy in as there’s no other way to attach it. Once I settled on what I liked I figured might as well epoxy it all together and used blue loctite on the screws. You can add anything on the end that you want  weights, doinker, simms stab enhancers etc. 
F5E07F66-6FCB-4A4F-9A90-D8C49E1F68B8.thumb.jpeg.79af24d974d6f34d08483b90f6418334.jpeg
8FE33260-27EA-4CAC-B335-35532B8E7C92.thumb.jpeg.a61a38641733fe31d36f84c5b8359242.jpeg
Looks like a store bought stab. Well done! Looking forward to the range report

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Looks like a store bought stab. Well done! Looking forward to the range report

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Going to give it a good test this Friday night at our indoor spot league. I shot maybe 20 or so arrows with it Sunday and it felt pretty good. 

• Like 1