Snow???

Al Bundy

9 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I am at work just south of Saratoga. It started snowing about 11:30. Its snowing pretty good right now. They are talking about 2" per hour this afternoon. Looked like were right about on the line for between 6-9 and 9-12" on the forcast map. 

We're shoveling the same snow pretty much.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Went 0 to 60 here in smallbany.  Was clear, snow started and roads were instantly covered.  Everything is closing early, good times.

Kids are all out early, but wife teaches in Albany and they aren't closing early. Not a happy wife. 

52 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I am at work just south of Saratoga. It started snowing about 11:30. Its snowing pretty good right now. They are talking about 2" per hour this afternoon. Looked like were right about on the line for between 6-9 and 9-12" on the forcast map. 

my office is in Albany right now and it's snowing pretty good. seems like we've got 3" or so now. back home closer to Grafton i hope it stays cold enough the rain band at the end of this stays snow. it'll be an apocalyptic journey getting out of here on either 787 or northway i can already tell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

my office is in Albany right now and it's snowing pretty good. seems like we've got 3" or so now. back home closer to Grafton i hope it stays cold enough the rain band at the end of this stays snow. it'll be an apocalyptic journey getting out of here on either 787 or northway i can already Duayhrer

I work downtown also. Daughter had early dismissal which gave me excuse to leave early. Wife came home around 3:30. Roads are snow packed but not bad if you take it easy. It's the idiots in a hurry you have to look out for

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, MPHunter said:

I work downtown also. Daughter had early dismissal which gave me excuse to leave early. Wife came home around 3:30. Roads are snow packed but not bad if you take it easy. It's the idiots in a hurry you have to look out for

gave my wife the truck today. i've got the car. still in the office. everyone else left early. why i have no idea. it already snowed and might as well give the plow trucks time. wife said she had to use 4 wheel peel to get up hoosick st in troy and around a ton of cars that were just parked and stuck waiting for plow trucks. come on! stupid people are bound to get collected somewhere.

49 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

gave my wife the truck today. i've got the car. still in the office. everyone else left early. why i have no idea. it already snowed and might as well give the plow trucks time. wife said she had to use 4 wheel peel to get up hoosick st in troy and around a ton of cars that were just parked and stuck waiting for plow trucks. come on! stupid people are bound to get collected somewhere.

For a lot of people, the suggestion of snow is an excuse to leave work early. Today however, with the worst of it falling late afternoon I was happy to get my daughter early and get home to avoid most of the idiots. Hoosick Street is a killer with the hill and all the stop lights.