Political humor

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I sure can, I’m a bit of a history buff. But I don’t want to clutter a good thread. The south did fire the first shot though.

Correct . The Rebs informed the Federal govt they must surrender all Occupied federal forts By a certain time located within Confederate territory and if they refused , they would be taken by force . Lincoln refused At Sumter and the Rebs attacked — and took — the fort. 

17 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Correct . The Rebs informed the Federal govt they must surrender all Occupied federal forts By a certain time located within Confederate territory and if they refused , they would be taken by force . Lincoln refused At Sumter and the Rebs attacked — and took — the fort. 

The first shot was fired from a cannon at the ship's that Lincoln's predasesor sent to resupply the fort.  I think the fella that pulled the lanyard was a Citadel cadet.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Do you have any info on illegals carrying guns while sneaking across the border? 

Otherwise that joke doesn't really make sense.

Was your point not that the fence, razor wire and armed troops at the capital are there to keep people with guns out. The same as a secured southern border with arm guards and fences would keep out armed people, some with guns and some with highly lethal drugs which is the cartels trade. If you would like some easy to find stories just type in border control agent killed at southern border. You will easily find more stories of border patrol agents shot at southern border (not very many) but still more than you will find of police shot at the Jan. 6th “armed” insurrection which was none.

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

The first shot was fired from a cannon at the ship's that Lincoln's predasesor sent to resupply the fort.  I think the fella that pulled the lanyard was a Citadel cadet.

Yes , sounds right , except it was Lincoln —not Buchanan— President at the time and who authorized the resupplying of the fort