Did You Know

Steve D

The definition of a "mass shooting" according to this website is" four or more victims shot and or  killed".

Counting today;  so far in 2019 there have been 39 recorded mass shootings across the country averaging about 6.5 mass shootings per week.

We even had one here in NY that I never heard about:     https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Gunfire in lobby of Brooklyn building kills 1, wounds 3

February 7, 2019
NEW YORK (AP) — Police say gunfire inside a Brooklyn building has left one person dead and three others hospitalized.

Detective Adam Navarro reports the shooting happened shortly before 10:30 p.m. Wednesday at a party in the lobby of an apartment building at 1778 Fulton Street

https://apnews.com/f3d8fdcc8a6745fd827c9fa149084c6f

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2019 at 9:36 PM, Steve D said:

The Dems are building a bigger platform to campaign on.

Wait, the Dems are shooting people?  

What I don't see here is a single mention of the people who lost their lives.  Politics is one thing, but ignoring reality is another.  I'm not giving up my guns.  Period.  I'm not narrowing my world view down to "us vs them" either.

Just wait till they really get rolling with the New Zealand shootings .

The one guys “manifest “ mentioned one reason for his shooting was to push the US into a civil war over the 2A .

Going according to plan it seems .

1 hour ago, The_Field_Ager said:

They have done that for you already. You either with them or against them at this point . Fence sitters do not get a pass

I will do my own thinking instead of letting one party or the other choose for me.  We should all be able to look at issues on a case-by-case basis.  While it may be comforting to cruise along viewing the world in black or white, it is the biggest reason nothing gets accomplished by our government.  

• 4 months later...

So after these shooting what do you think will happen? This happens time and time again. What have you done for your rights other than post shit about Dems coming for your guns. This is real and at some point you will not be able to get out of it. The NRA is in trouble with its leadership. They are not as strong as they used to be. Watch Trump do some things that will spin your head. He is that unpredictable. 

3 minutes ago, First-light said:

What have you done for your rights other than post shit about Dems coming for your guns.

First of all I didn't say a thing about "dems" in this post. Second I apologize if I ruffled your democratic feathers.

When it comes to my rights I stand up for them in any way that I can. I contribute to organizations I feel are working in our best interest and also support organizations I feel are doing the right thing. I do not believe just purchasing a membership in a specific organization expecting them to do the work we won't do for ourselves is going to gain  anything.

And for your information I was just giving information that may be of interest to others and to let people know how things are seriously deteriorating in our country.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Steve D said:

First of all I didn't say a thing about "dems" in this post. Second I apologize if I ruffled your democratic feathers.

When it comes to my rights I stand up for them in any way that I can. I contribute to organizations I feel are working in our best interest and also support organizations I feel are doing the right thing. I do not believe just purchasing a membership in a specific organization expecting them to do the work we won't do for ourselves is going to gain  anything.

And for your information I was just giving information that may be of interest to others and to let people know how things are seriously deteriorating in our country.

You did say Dems building a bigger platform to campaign on. There you have it . Look Im not a Dem as you think I just think that this wait and see attitude will destroy the gun owner in the end. Eventually the tides will change and we will have to give up some rights. You didn't ruffle my feathers I just see things as they are. No rose colored glasses.......

21 minutes ago, First-light said:

You did say Dems building a bigger platform to campaign on. There you have it

Please notice the date I mentioned the "dems"

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 9:36 PM, Steve D said:

9 more recorded since Auora on 2/15 bringing  the total year to date @ 48

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

The Dems are building a bigger platform to campaign on.

25 minutes ago, First-light said:

I just think that this wait and see attitude will destroy the gun owner in the end

That has been our curse right along from day one.

• Like 1