Moogs Fault

dbHunterNY

Ive always messed around with recurves but never gave them a fair chance in the woods or at the range. Moogs been keeping the trad bow thing going on here. Its kept giving me an itch. I was actually at another compound when I found this Bruin custom recurve. Huntmaster Express T/D, 60" AMO, 50# @ 28" which is about my draw. Last time I shot a Bruin I was borrowing it from a friend and shooting a league that was a blast. I really liked the bow. Nothing fancy but it should shoot really well. If it's like the last one. I dont think it can take zero stretch strings but I'll have to see if@steveb can make me a string or two for it.

b7bee0a49bebff0eedd923a8faec8cb6.jpgb80ea94550e5335b3c5eab9c8596f3f0.jpg23af5bbc980f829ea037ecb72a35cb33.jpg5939241e1edc0a2e4fe0b9136a36f265.jpg43fd40aa7733c6a6c09d4e059f4763c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 13

Cedar shafts; stained & poly'd, dipped & crested, fletched with real barred wild turkey feathers, mercury nocks and tipped with Zwickey 2 blade Eskimo heads honed to a razors edge.  THAT'D be the cat's ass out of that bow. :)

Great looking piece...........

• Like 2

Beautiful bow! You're going to have so much fun shooting it! Looking forward to all the "group pic's" this summer. And also the ones with that Bruin laying across a deer! 

Yeah.....that moog, has put some good influence's in a bunch of us here! :derisive:

The guy makes much nicer looking ones but this one still should shoot nice. Picked it up used so I'm not paying around $1k that it normally would be. Grip seems right and not too high or low. When I shot my buddy's for league it seemed to hold it's own against his black widow. Little pumped to start shooting it.

21 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

The guy makes much nicer looking ones but this one still should shoot nice. Picked it up used so I'm not paying around $1k that it normally would be. Grip seems right and not too high or low. When I shot my buddy's for league it seemed to hold it's own against his black widow. Little pumped to start shooting it.

We live close enough. Lets get together to shoot some time! Your place, mine, or the club I belong to. Would be fun. I don't shoot trad, but I am learning a new compound this year. I want to be totally confident with it by October 1st!

A result of moogs influence and my needing an upgrade! 

We live close enough. Lets get together to shoot some time! Your place, mine, or the club I belong to. Would be fun. I don't shoot trad, but I am learning a new compound this year. I want to be totally confident with it by October 1st!
A result of moogs influence and my needing an upgrade! 
Definitely. Pm sent.

• Like 1

Finally blew the dust off my super kodiak. While I work on getting a string for the new one. Seriously perplexed. Infletched arrow made contact with others so I pulled that and shot it twice more at the other dots to the left. Didnt seem to matter. Other arrows got me wondering if it's just the little bit of bulk from the electrical tape. Though about taking it off but then it wouldn't weigh same as others. Idk if I should change stuff or not. 14-15 yards in my side basement. Clutter until things can find a home in this new house or we get rid of it.
93f926a33897b8e0e18f2dceaae2f75c.jpgf3eb4884bc4134d29cbe11abbab18e36.jpg5a07fb43d8e2c622a9f1d4c086dcf3c2.jpg

Nock left suggest weak arrow for rt handed shooter.  But it could be a false reading.  Do you hear it hitting strike plate?  Doubt it’s the tape.   You really need to stretch to 25 to see bareshafts reaction.   15 is close unless it’s really out of whack.    

42 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Nock left suggest weak arrow for rt handed shooter.  But it could be a false reading.  Do you hear it hitting strike plate?  Doubt it’s the tape.   You really need to stretch to 25 to see bareshafts reaction.   15 is close unless it’s really out of whack.    

don't think i heard it hit. i'll have to go to the club and use the indoor range. if i go straight back into the furnace room i can get to 20 yards, but that's got a lot going on from work i'm doing in there and stuff i'm moving around at the moment.  i figured it would've settled by then. maybe not. POI seems to be right. it's just nock left. that might hurt me when i throw heads on the front i'm thinking.

44 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

don't think i heard it hit. i'll have to go to the club and use the indoor range. if i go straight back into the furnace room i can get to 20 yards, but that's got a lot going on from work i'm doing in there and stuff i'm moving around at the moment.  i figured it would've settled by then. maybe not. POI seems to be right. it's just nock left. that might hurt me when i throw heads on the front i'm thinking.

I wouldn’t worry if Poi is the same.   Untwist the string a few times and it might straighten it out.  

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I wouldn’t worry if Poi is the same.   Untwist the string a few times and it might straighten it out.  

honestly i don't remember where i left off last i tinkered with it. notes are buried with the rest of the archery stuff in boxes still from moving. it was unstrung but with the string loop still around the limb. i just strung it up as it was. i'll keep playing around. probably just me.