Any mechanics out there

Chef

So I had my truck towed to the dealership yesterday. It started making a grinding noise thought it might have been the breaks. Kept getting worse and making the noise more often not just while breaking. Then it started to feel like I was dragging something. These two pics are from behind the front wheels. Anyone have any ideas? Haven’t heard anything back from the dealership yet.

c01531b236996ceb087842df12ad2998.jpg

d8db525d7b2dc36fb622b805886dac7e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras. This truck is only 3 years old or so and is not likely to have a broken coil spring (which wouldn't cause the problems described anyway), or a rotten frame. I've had vehicles with both issues and my 18 YO truck has neither. A mechanic will put it on the lift and immediately look for a tire that's not rotating freely. Probably a stuck brake caliper, possibly a bad wheel bearing. Neither issue is a big deal or an expensive fix unless it goes on for too long.

• Like 1

When you hear hoofbeats think horses, not zebras. This truck is only 3 years old or so and is not likely to have a broken coil spring (which wouldn't cause the problems described anyway), or a rotten frame. I've had vehicles with both issues and my 18 YO truck has neither. A mechanic will put it on the lift and immediately look for a tire that's not rotating freely. Probably a stuck brake caliper, possibly a bad wheel bearing. Neither issue is a big deal or an expensive fix unless it goes on for too long.

I like this answer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

I like this answer

I agree....a broken coil wouldn’t create that gap difference.  It would need a failed body mount to eliminate that fender well gap, and as a 2016, no way.  Due to mileage is your issue, definitely agree,  bearing or something of that sort I would imagine as well, even hung caliper.  

Edited by Bionic

48 minutes ago, philoshop said:

The picture posted does look like the strut bracket has come loose.

• Like 1