Colorado hunting changes.

Cory

5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Yeah, I'm a legend in my own mind....Hehehe...

My Mom told me to do it...My Dad worked his butt off all his life and denied himself many pleasures...Then a month after he retired, he had a stroke and was crippled for the rest of his life... My Mom told me that if there was anything I wanted to do, I should do it while I was able...

I went on my first out of state big game hunt at age 39, a 2 week DIY float trip in Alaska...Over the next 25 years or so I was working and had the cash flow, I  made  a trip every couple of years...Sometimes two years in a row..Most of my hunts were DIY because I never could afford the high priced guided hunts

After I retired,  my income  was reduced..Then  I went through a divorce and my income was FURTHER reduced...

Now I'm almost 70  and although my health is still relatively good, I can't climb the mountains or pack the meat the way I used to( in more ways than one, lol )….  Prices on hunts, airfare, etc. etc have gone up in the meantime...

So here I am...I have my memories and hundreds of photos and some videos, but my days of traveling around the continent hunting are over..I feel blessed and very fortunate that I got to do what I did... I'm very glad that that I am not sitting here today WISHING  that I had gone hunting instead of reminiscing about the wonderful places I have hunted and the incredible things that I have seen and experienced..

nice response! so should i start another thread? u got this!

Yes there are some units like down south in Colorado that have very low elk population where it is a draw. You are correct in the northern zone where I hunt is all otc. Last year when I walked into the cabelas in Colorado I didn’t have to specify what unit I was hunting. 

4 hours ago, dmandoes said:

nice response! so should i start another thread? u got this!

Thanks, my friend, but please don't start another thread...I  like to share my experiences when the  discussion  evolves, but I'm not interested in doing a biography...