Furnace Room Work Bench

Moved into the new (to me) house. Took one of the stand alone work benches from the old house with me. Took that dismantled bench I made and repurposed the wood to build a new built in one for the furnace room in this house. Quit as I need some electrical to install an outlet and LED light I had. Also need more screws for the backboard and to start hanging tools and what not. Went together quick though. Plus I ran out of juice (batteries and beer). I ripped out shelving that was here. This was almost a free project.8323fa4a82db59abdbc253075861b1e0.jpga8a705f73e75af7cbdd73ddd75da023c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Great bench! Although you should take a close look at that floor joist (ceiling) that is cut at the bottom for the pvc pipe. That is the worst place to cut a joist. I don't know how long the span is that it must carry, but you should look into at least adding a piece of plywood glued and screwed to the sides of the joist to reinforce it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

Great bench! Although you should take a close look at that floor joist (ceiling) that is cut at the bottom for the pvc pipe. That is the worst place to cut a joist. I don't know how long the span is that it must carry, but you should look into at least adding a piece of plywood glued and screwed to the sides of the joist to reinforce it. 

list is long. house was a foreclosure and flipped by a company. still I didn't even notice that. busy seeing other stuff i know about like the fin tube pipe to the right of bench is on a zone that doesn't make any sense and wasting heat. already fixed piping that must have froze previously in one of the bedrooms and then got a poor sweat job that started leaking, so much for the new carpet they put in. the company i bought it from added a shutoff switch for the boiler (one of the conditions of sale) that they wired wrong, so when i went to turn the boiler back on this past fall it'd trip the breaker. missed it in the walk through but the vent pipe to the oil tank was PVC, so i replaced that so someone would finally deliver me fuel oil. not sure how they got deliveries before with it not to code. when it warms up i have to pull siding and flash the deck so water isn't running behind the siding in some spots (checked behind the siding and nothing's rotted or has water damage yet. hooked up the vent pipe for the new dryer and the assembly came right out of the wall (they never clamped or fastened the sections, just pushed them together).  i'd keep going but you got the idea. lol it's a good house overall that's only 18 yrs old and don't regret the purchase. lot of "handyman" work others did to it that needs to be fixed though. luckily i've got friends and family in different trades if i get in over my head with anything.

• Like 1