Made a Break Through

fasteddie

After my hospital stays in emergency last August and September , I wasn't able to draw my bow set at 60# so archery season was a no go for me . In the past few months I have been working with stretch bands trying to get my strength back . I started to consider lowering the poundage but thought I would try something else first . I put on my release and tried drawing the bow with an arrow . Voila ! I could and shot a dozen arrows at my basement target . Didn't want to push it . I plan to try to shoot a few times a week just to shoot and not worry about accuracy . Need to get the 77 year old muscles back in shape . 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

After my hospital stays in emergency last August and September , I wasn't able to draw my bow set at 60# so archery season was a no go for me . In the past few months I have been working with stretch bands trying to get my strength back . I started to consider lowering the poundage but thought I would try something else first . I put on my release and tried drawing the bow with an arrow . Voila ! I could and shot a dozen arrows at my basement target . Didn't want to push it . I plan to try to shoot a few times a week just to shoot and not worry about accuracy . Need to get the 77 year old muscles back in shape . 

I got in an accident little over 4 years ago. SUV turned left right in front me instead of yielding. Screwed up my shoulder a bit. I can still feel it a bit if I dont keep my muscles toned. Then I couldnt even budge a 60 lb bow and was way less than half your age. Those bands and stretches my therapist had me do where no joke despite nothing for resistance. They got me back to drawing 70lbs with ease if I had to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

I got in an accident little over 4 years ago. SUV turned left right in front me instead of yielding. Screwed up my shoulder a bit. I can still feel it a bit if I dont keep my muscles toned. Then I couldnt even budge a 60 lb bow and was way less than half your age. Those bands and stretches my therapist had me do where no joke despite nothing for resistance. They got me back to drawing 70lbs with ease if I had to.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I will wait a while before I try pulling back my 70 pound bow . 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, fasteddie said:

You can also start adding hydrolyzed protein (amino acids) to coffee and cooked meals also to help healing. I use Great Lakes Gelatin myself. It has no flavor itself. Regular veg juicing is also useful for healing and pain

• Like 1