2019 NWTF Convention

maytom

I know two booking agents that did the show this year and was chatting with them....

Its becoming quite the show with much expansion in last few years and it was packed Friday and Saturday.

I'd like to go once; maybe we could put together a few guys on here to split some costs getting down there.

• Like 1

Went the last time it was in columbus..not a big fan of conventions,but the guy I went with was known well by all the big call makers personally was kind of nice being told by primos ,Quaker boy and hunter specialities people to stick with him as he would teach me all there was to turkey hunting.. was definitely strange to walk by booths and have staff come out to great him like a long lost friend.. quite humbling for me to think I didnt know how well he was know in those circles. Owe him a lot of my knowledge  in my hunting technique and calling ability.

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:19 PM, ODYSSEUS said:

I have never been even to a Local NWTF event- Dinner. I think the closest to me is Sullivan County.  As, I write this, I see my Dues envelope. I am overdo!

I've been a life member since 1982...Rob Keck signed my membership card..LOL….

• Like 1

The banquets were much better years ago. I'm printed out and it's a lot of junk from china..no more real bronzes. If not for local buys and guns imo not worth going to .. when restoration of turkey was complete and it became a hunter heritage banquet it dropped off considerably 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I kind of Wish, I was brought up in an area that had Wild Turkeys. I was 30 in 1990 when, I started on them. Someone sent me a Thick envelope about 8 years ago wanting me to help start up a NWTF Chapter in Orange County-- but, I passed on that.

I never saw one until I was 12 or 13.....Killed my first fall bird in 1965, but it was pure luck....There were still MANY areas here in Steuben that had no birds....Killed my first spring gobbler in 1975, and they still were pretty sparse....However, by the mid 1980s, they had expanded their range dramatically and there were birds in most suitable habitats here in Steuben...Ten years later they were everywhere....Glory years of gobbler hunting here were from mid 1990s to about 2005....Numbers have declined since then, although we still have good hunting, but not what it was 15-20years ago...

• Like 1