2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Astro's have got the Yankees number.........:fie:

Yanks vaunted bullpen has been very suspect.
Sox vaunted starting rotation has been very suspect.

Bury us now! Or we’ll comeback from 3-9 and shock the world!

Fun Fact: the Orioles have won the AL East more recently than the Yankees!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I was watching the Red Sox's home opener yesterday on ESPN. The game started with the ceremonies for winning last year's World Series. First they unfurled the World Series Championship banners off the "Green Monster". Then they had the ring ceremonies and finally some of the Super Bowl Champion Patriots showed up to throw out the first pitch. It was a proud time to be a Bostonian. Unfortunately for the Red Sox , they lost the game. They even got to see Gurriel steal home.

I was watching the Red Sox's home opener yesterday on ESPN. The game started with the ceremonies for winning last year's World Series. First they unfurled the World Series Championship banners off the "Green Monster". Then they had the ring ceremonies and finally some of the Super Bowl Champion Patriots showed up to throw out the first pitch. It was a proud time to be a Bostonian. Unfortunately for the Red Sox , they lost the game. They even got to see Gurriel steal home.

Yea I watched game at work too. Sale is a mess

Huge comeback win for Sox tonight.

Worst starting pitching start by any team in MLB history (still 0 wins and 0 quality starts) and somehow at 4-9 we are only 2 games back of Yanks. That's scary for the rest of MLB. Here we come!

[insert fireworks!]

6 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

I bet Cano and Diaz wished they had stayed in Seattle , but I'm glad the Mets have them.

Why would they wish they were still in Seattle?  Because Seattle is having a good April?   Seattle will be like the Mets last year.  They played like hall of famer's in April and then like little leaguer's the rest of the season. 

Edited by steve863

1 minute ago, steve863 said:

Why would they wish they were still in Seattle?  Because Seattle is having a good April?   Seattle will be like the Mets last year.  They played like hall of famer's in April and then like little leaguer's the rest of the season. 

You might be right but there's nothing like getting off to a good start.      "Lets Go Mets " !

10 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Huge comeback win for Sox tonight.

Worst starting pitching start by any team in MLB history (still 0 wins and 0 quality starts) and somehow at 4-9 we are only 2 games back of Yanks. That's scary for the rest of MLB. Here we come!

[insert fireworks!]

Have your laughs now because when we get healthy the suk Sox will be looking at our asses all season! 

• Thanks 1

Have your laughs now because when we get healthy the suk Sox will be looking at our asses all season! 

Yea like the last 3 years right? The last time the Yanks won a WS without roids (Arod, Melky, Cano in ‘09), Pygmy was still a virgin

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With the long list of injuries the Yankees have at this time, they are doing ok. Still ahead of the Red Sox! As guys get healthy, and or others step up, The gap will surely widen, to put the Dead Sox to bed early this year.

12 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yea like the last 3 years right? The last time the Yanks won a WS without roids (Arod, Melky, Cano in ‘09), Pygmy was still a virgin

Yea right!   Maybe in 1909 Pygmy was still a virgin.

• Like 1

With the long list of injuries the Yankees have at this time, they are doing ok. Still ahead of the Red Sox! As guys get healthy, and or others step up, The gap will surely widen, to put the Dead Sox to bed early this year.

You think Sox starters will any games this year? We have 0 So far. Once we get 1 good start, it will start to roll. We got no pressure after WS last year. All the pressure is on the Yanks and Boone can’t get it done.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You think Sox starters will any games this year? We have 0 So far. Once we get 1 good start, it will start to roll. We got no pressure after WS last year. All the pressure is on the Yanks and Boone can’t get it done.

Still a long way to go my friend. It very well could all play out totally different than what we think now?? The fun part for us, is watching it all play out.....

Fortunately for the Yankees they play in one of the worst divisions in baseball. :taunt:

Now the NL East...that's a division.  There won't be a wild card coming out of there because they'll play each other so much and will beat each other up.  No one is going to win 90 games in that division.

Fortunately for the Yankees they play in one of the worst divisions in baseball. :taunt:
Now the NL East...that's a division.  There won't be a wild card coming out of there because they'll play each other so much and will beat each other up.  No one is going to win 90 games in that division.

Last year AL East had two 100 game winners and Rays at 90 I think. They would make minced meat out of NL East. But nobody from NL East made the World Series anyway