2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Dismal career performance. He’s a “leadoff hitter” who has never even hit .280. If he strikes out last night, he probably doesn’t see leadoff again this year. Lamaheiu should bag 1st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Avg? What year is this? Hes solid major leaguer. Solid D (Gold Glove in 2016), never gets hurt, great on the bases, always sees a million pitches and most importantly he crosses home plate a lot. WAR is your god and he is +37 over twelve years. Right now his best ability is availability. Agreed he should be in the 8 spot.

• Like 1

Thoughts on the Yankees celebrating an April win with a fog machine and strobe lights?

Sounds eerily similar to playoffs last year Judge walked around with a boombox at Fenway and then they got throttled in the worst playoff loss in history

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Thoughts on the Yankees celebrating an April win with a fog machine and strobe lights?

Sounds eerily similar to playoffs last year Judge walked around with a boombox at Fenway and then they got throttled in the worst playoff loss in history

Sent from my iPhone usingTapatalk

Q: Whats the difference between the Boston Red Sox and a mosquito?

A: A mosquito stops sucking.

• Like 1

Just to slow your roll a little......

image.png.9fbf2e34f62a15e3d9d4cc80e4e9236e.png

Talk to us when you get into even a close tier to them Yanks!!

Hooray for the 1920’s. You know that’s a pathetic comeback. Even my Yankees friends don’t talk about rings from 100 years ago.

What about this?

Team of century (1900’s) Yankees
Team of century’s (2000’s) Red Sox

Those pesky Royals!

Gotta beat bad teams to win the division. We saw this last year with Yanks too often losing to Orioles and other bad teams and it cost them the division.

3 hours ago, Fletch said:

Just to slow your roll a little......

image.png.9fbf2e34f62a15e3d9d4cc80e4e9236e.png

Talk to us when you get into even a close tier to them Yanks!!

Those 27 rings doesn't help them win this year.  That's like when other say "Yankees suck this year" and the Yankee fan responds with "Oh yeah!  Well...Mickey Mantle!"

• Like 1

They do.  They beat the Red Sox a couple of days ago.

They haven’t though. They’ve had a cake schedule and not won a series against Orioles, Tigers, or White Sox. Three teams that won’t win 70 games. Now royals?

I am a dyed in the wool Yankees fan and loathe the Sox. I have to admit, though, the past 20 years have been a disgrace for the franchise. If the Yankees don't go to the World Series this year it's the first time since the 1910s since that has happened in a decade and if they don't win it's the first time that has happened since the 80s.

I am sick of it. I am tired of Cashman getting by with putting a mediocre product on the field and wearing four rings he had nothing to do with. Right now, a 39 year old recovering alcoholic back from rehab on a bum knee and a heart attack is our ace. The boss understood it was championship or nothing. No fan cares we won a 100 games last year. This generation of ownership needs to get back to the old days of the Bronx Zoo and beating the Sox brains in. We aren't the Mets, we are the frigging Yankees and let's get back to business. It's time to put some more flags up on the facade.

Sorry rant over.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

I am a dyed in the wool Yankees fan and loathe the Sox. I have to admit, though, the past 20 years have been a disgrace for the franchise. If the Yankees don't go to the World Series this year it's the first time since the 1910s since that has happened in a decade and if they don't win it's the first time that has happened since the 80s.

I am sick of it. I am tired of Cashman getting by with putting a mediocre product on the field and wearing four rings he had nothing to do with. Right now, a 39 year old recovering alcoholic back from rehab on a bum knee and a heart attack is our ace. The boss understood it was championship or nothing. No fan cares we won a 100 games last year. This generation of ownership needs to get back to the old days of the Bronx Zoo and beating the Sox brains in. We aren't the Mets, we are the frigging Yankees and let's get back to business. It's time to put some more flags up on the facade.

Sorry rant over.

These are not George's Yankees.  These are his son's.  If old George was still around I'm pretty sure Bryce Harper would have been your left fielder, Manny Machado would have been your 3B, and Patrick Corbin would be your ace right now.

• Like 1

These are not George's Yankees.  These are his son's.  If old George was still around I'm pretty sure Bryce Harper would have been your left fielder, Manny Machado would have been your 3B, and Patrick Corbin would be your ace right now.
And chances are we would have found a way to get at least one one of DeGromm or Verlander. Instead we have Cashman trying to prove he is the smartest weenie with a stats book and Aaron Clueless Boone watching pitchers get rocked in the first inning of do or die playoff games.

Sorry, I lied. I still had a rant in me.

• Like 1

Sorry rant over.

Well said

15 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Hooray for the 1920’s. You know that’s a pathetic comeback. Even my Yankees friends don’t talk about rings from 100 years ago.

What about this?

Team of century (1900’s) Yankees
Team of century’s (2000’s) Red Sox

27>9