2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

It’s official:

The Red Sox just called up Michael Chavis since Pedroia and Nunez went on DL. Chavis has insane power but was also famously suspended for steroids for 80 games in minors last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said

What sad days are these when a red Sox and Yankees fan are in agreement.

On the positive side for Yankees fans, if you look at the 20th century, it started out the same way for the Sox and Yanks. Here's hoping my grandkids are cheering 2018 at Sox fans in 60 years or so.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You should try to convince Browns fans to hang their hats on all the championships they won from 1946-1955

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

still makes them historically a better team than a bunch, like the Jets, KC, ........

Edited by Fletch

31 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Sox are not dead yet. Beat the Rays on clutch 8th inning back to back homers by Betts & Moreland.

That’s good! Puts the Yankees one game closer to leading the AL East!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sox are very close. They need to win something like 63% of their remaining games to get to 97 wins. They’ve done that once in last 70+ years

I'm not a Sox or yanks fan, big Texas rangers fan but you don't need 97 wins to make the playoffs.  It's still very early boys . If this were July it would be different. We will  see ....

I'm not a Sox or yanks fan, big Texas rangers fan but you don't need 97 wins to make the playoffs.  It's still very early boys . If this were July it would be different. We will  see ....

Winning division helps big time. Last year Sox had to go thru three 100+ win teams to win WS. Homefield helps

It does, but once one is in the playoffs anything can happen . I still think Boston wins  east, Cleveland wins central and Houston wins al west. No American league team wins over 100 games. 

National league is the JV of baseball.  Only kidding .....

• Like 1

It does, but once one is in the playoffs anything can happen . I still think Boston wins  east, Cleveland wins central and Houston wins al west. No American league team wins over 100 games. 
National league is the JV of baseball.  Only kidding .....

Hope you’re right, but I think Astros win 100 games and someone else too.

Me thinks the Yankees need to get a new training staff!
Something is definitely screwy, when one team has this many high caliber players hurt at the same time.

Donohue is 102 years old. No clue in today’s medicine

• Like 1

Me thinks the Yankees need to get a new training staff!
Something is definitely screwy, when one team has this many high caliber players hurt at the same time.
My father joked that if Judge was Mantle he'd be out tonight with Whitey after today's game, showup hungover tomorrow, hit two home runs and beat out a drag bunt for a single. Judge will be out for two months if we are lucky.

I think that some of it is the players are wound a bit tighter with muscle today, but the mindset is also a bit different. Koufax probably would have been shutdown after his first full season and on a pitch count with elbow tenderness.

• Like 1

My father joked that if Judge was Mantle he'd be out tonight with Whitey after today's game, showup hungover tomorrow, hit two home runs and beat out a drag bunt for a single. Judge will be out for two months if we are lucky.

I think that some of it is the players are wound a bit tighter with muscle today, but the mindset is also a bit different. Koufax probably would have been shutdown after his first full season and on a pitch count with elbow tenderness.

John Daly once said something like “Fat doesn’t pull. I’ve never pulled a muscle”

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

For sure.  Mantle played the last few years without cartilage in his knees.  Those days a gone.  That's why Lou Gehrig is the true Iron Man in my eyes.  He never had the advanced doctors, team planes, etc. that Cal Ripken had and yet still the only thing that stopped him was a disease so devastating, they named it after him.

• Like 1

In no particular order, here’s a few:

1. Ryan Brasier (Red Sox) gets 10 or more saves

2. Mookie Betts (Red Sox) finishes top 6 in AL MVP for 4th consecutive season and wins 4th consecutive gold glove

3. CC Sabathia (Yankees) in his final season, does not win 13 games

4. Aaron Judge (Yankees) hits under 48HR

5. Gary Sanchez (Yankees) hits under .275

6. Andrew Benintendi (Red Sox) Wins a Gold Glove

7. Eduardo Rodriguez (Red Sox) Wins more games than CC Sabathia (Yankees)

Given the early March opener, we are about a month into the season. It’s been a debacle for the Sox but nobody has buried us yet. But let’s take a look at the prediction.

1. Brasier appears to have won the closer by committee role and has 6 saves. 4 more to go and I’m a winner

2. Betts bad start but turning it on. He’s not dead yet.

3. CC getting shelled tonight. Has 1 win, needs 12 more!

4. All Rise! Big tree fall hard. On DL for long stints in 3 out of 4 seasons. This looks like easy win for me

5. The Sanchize! Cursed by Marc’s butt fumble. Currently at .256, so a little close for my liking but we’ll see if he can keep it up.

6. Benny with a few assists already, I think he gets his GG.

7. E Rod 2 to 1 over CC and this looks like a good one.

Right now I’m thinking 6-1, but Betts has 5 months to turn it on and give me a perfect 7 for 7.

I’ll check back in after another month