Roberto Clemente 
Sam Crawford 
Harry Heilman 
Hank Aaron 
Enos Slaughter. 
He's currently ranked 56 ...

I’m talking defense only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defense is only one side of the game . You need to look at both sides of the game. 
Todays rangers /Sox match up looks good.  Go Texas!!!

I only made the comment about defense. His overall season last year was one of the top 25 greatest seasons ever in MLB history!
WAR don’t lie

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I only made the comment about defense. His overall season last year was one of the top 25 greatest seasons ever in MLB history!
WAR don’t lie

He needs to do it for 7-10 more seasons and we will re-visit his candidacy. Im glad you brought him up actually, I'd never heard of him. I googled him and he came up on page 3

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

WAR don’t lie

WAR is the LAMEST statistic anyone has ever devised.  Everyone seems to be throwing out these WAR numbers on players and no one knows how the hell it's even calculated.  It's a big joke!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Ya Betts Believe walk off.

Ya betts Believe Mookie is the best RF in baseball and maybe all-time when it’s all said and done. Not bad for a true second baseman

Defense was brought after after the above . He is good, no denying it but has a long ways to go. After seeing him sit back and relax on that Hunter Pence inside the park home run, there is no denying a long ways to go.

WAR statistics are joke ..

27 minutes ago, steve863 said:

WAR is the LAMEST statistic anyone has ever devised.  Everyone seems to be throwing out these WAR numbers on players and no one knows how the hell it's even calculated.  It's a big joke!

You are absolutely right!! 

If a player is truly GREAT, or HOF material, these obscure "stats" they have these days, will only be a small part of what gets them there.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Judge and his zero gold gloves who can’t play a full season because he’s always hurt?

Mookie and his zero rookie of the year awards dont impress me to the HOF yet either.  Hes good, wish the Yanks had him, top 5 all time ....no.  Judge all time 5 .....also no.  

Looked up all time WAR and he isnt in the top 1000 - Moises Alou is 518, Johnny Pesky 767, Mo Vaughn 970.  (for reference) .  And Mookie is 31st even on the active list.   Great player but drinking too much red sox Koolaid!  lol 

but willing to Trade Gardner for him and a player to be named..... 

7 minutes ago, grampy said:

You are absolutely right!! 

If a player is truly GREAT, or HOF material, these obscure "stats" they have these days, will only be a small part of what gets them there.

This WAR nonsense somehow calculates how much better a player is than someone who'd be replacing him.  How on earth can this ever be calculated or be valid?  How about if you brought in a rookie who turned out to be a way better player than the one he replaced?  Maybe it's not probable in all cases, but it surely IS possible.  That's why this statistic is the biggest crock ever devised.  I guess Joe DiMaggio would have a shitty WAR since the guy who replaced him was Mickey Mantle.  LOL

• Like 1

Mookie and his zero rookie of the year awards dont impress me to the HOF yet either.  Hes good, wish the Yanks had him, top 5 all time ....no.  Judge all time 5 .....also no.  
Looked up all time WAR and he isnt in the top 1000 - Moises Alou is 518, Johnny Pesky 767, Mo Vaughn 970.  (for reference) .  And Mookie is 31st even on the active list.   Great player but drinking too much red sox Koolaid!  lol 
but willing to Trade Gardner for him and a player to be named..... 

I said defense someday. Calm down everyone. Last year was a historic season that we may never seen done again (by anyone). He deserved mvp over trout in 2016 also by the way.

WAR is perfect. It culminates all the stats and doesn’t factor in any awards.

This WAR nonsense somehow calculates how much better a player is than someone who'd be replacing him.  How on earth can this ever be calculated or be valid?  How about if you brought in a rookie who turned out to be a way better player than the one he replaced?  Maybe it's not probable in all cases, but it surely IS possible.  That's why this statistic is the biggest crock ever devised.  I guess Joe DiMaggio would have a shitty WAR since the guy who replaced him was Mickey Mantle.  LOL

Research WAR and you’ll realize your comment makes zero sense