2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Looks as glorious as it always does . Fun fact: after today’s game that turf is getting rolled up and flown to London in a C-130 Hercules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nah. That grass is below average for MLB standards.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Nah. That grass is below average for MLB standards.

When are you leaving for WNY? I'm taking a big ole dump on that precious pristine lawn of yours before I head back to God's country aka WNY!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When are you leaving for WNY? I'm taking a big ole dump on that precious pristine lawn of yours before I head back to God's country aka WNY!

Tomorrow morning. Come by tonight, I’ll be out front mowing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Great game. 89° in direct sunlight until 5th inning. It was a ton of fun. Walk off win....

I turned down 4 freebies to today’s game (too much happening) and as boys and I were watching the walk off win I dropped that news on them!!! Torturing your own children may be one of the more satisfying joys of parenting! That’s a joke everyone- I love my children....please don’t call CPS....AGAIN!!!

• Like 1

Keep an eye on the AL west, Texas is now 4.5 games behind Houston. Chris Woodward should be manager of the year . My baseball season is typically done by April 5th, this year Texas is in full playoff mode...

• Like 2

Sister in London and went to game.  15th ballpark I believe 
370E7438-588B-4CC3-A5B6-3D71C7E363F7.thumb.jpeg.79752b5f4e107bba12f8f750db581ff6.jpeg

Cool- did she make it the whole game? 30 runs was nuts!
Your sister looks just like that famous chick from England/USA who married that Prince guy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Went back to the group pic from the Goat based on that description .... you sitting in the back by the picture with the thumbs up???

lol nope!

As much as I’m not a yankee fan at all , this really hit me .

http://www.silvershieldfoundation.org/

Started by George Steinbrenner in 1,982 paid for the education of children of NYPD and FDNY killed in the line of duty , sadly that number is 800 . Since many young kids struggle after the parents death, they also pay for counselors and tutoring in time of need .

Im going to send them a check, as long as it isn’t made out to the Yankees .....

Now if only the Cards could start hitting !

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

In no particular order, here’s a few:

1. Ryan Brasier (Red Sox) gets 10 or more saves

2. Mookie Betts (Red Sox) finishes top 6 in AL MVP for 4th consecutive season and wins 4th consecutive gold glove

3. CC Sabathia (Yankees) in his final season, does not win 13 games

4. Aaron Judge (Yankees) hits under 48HR

5. Gary Sanchez (Yankees) hits under .275

6. Andrew Benintendi (Red Sox) Wins a Gold Glove

7. Eduardo Rodriguez (Red Sox) Wins more games than CC Sabathia (Yankees)

Yanks world series to lose!

Anyway, it's been another month, so time to revisit the February Biz Predictions.

1. Brasier had 6 saves early, but sucks and is stuck on 7 saves. I need 3 more to win!

2. Betts having a down year, but still 11th in AL in WAR so with a good 2nd half he can still finish top 6 in AL MVP; the gold glove award should be a safe win.

3. CC has 5 wins, needs 9 more. This one is making me nervous since Yanks will win 100 games easily.

4. This is a winner. Judge has 7 HR and needs 41 more.

5. Gary Sanchize hitting .261, i'm still OK for now.

6. Benny Biceps playing well defensively, we'll see.

7. ERod leads the Sox with 8 wins, so a 3 win lead over CC right now.

quick summary: 7-0 might be tough, but 5-2 isn't out of the question.

I thought I heard today john sterling was 81 or 82 and hes not calling the next yankee game, 30 year streak I believe 

I'm not a fan of the Yankees at all, but I'd rather stick a fork in my eye then listen to him and Susan waldman

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1

I thought I heard today john sterling was 81 or 82 and hes not calling the next yankee game, 30 year streak I believe 
I'm not a fan of the Yankees at all, but I'd rather stick a fork in my eye then listen to him and Susan waldman

He is so brutal. I can’t listen to him on Red Sox / Yanks games in the car. I have to turn it off