2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

So did JD Davis but he was going during the game.

Shots fired!

Mets have been to a WS more recently than Yanks.

Orioles have won AL East division more recently than Yanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing since July 4th !? I had to dig deep to find this . Cards are starting to win again , we’re off to Pittsburgh in the morning ,as the Red Birds are there for a 4 game series , won the first two ,will be there for the next two ,hotel half a block from PNC park .

We sit in the club section , wider seats ,padded seats, exclusive use of an area of better bars and food .

• Like 2

Nothing since July 4th !? I had to dig deep to find this . Cards are starting to win again , we’re off to Pittsburgh in the morning ,as the Red Birds are there for a 4 game series , won the first two ,will be there for the next two ,hotel half a block from PNC park .
We sit in the club section , wider seats ,padded seats, exclusive use of an area of better bars and food .

Funny you posted. I was about to resurrect this because the Sox are not quite dead yet. Nail biter win tonight nearly gave me a heart attack. But we are now only 1 game back of the wildcard. We desperately need a closer or Eovaldi needs to get healthy ASAP. The offense and rotation is enough for the playoffs. We just gotta get there!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Chapman goes off the rails about this time every year it seems, time to,swap him with Britton for a while

Right you are! He has absolutely blown some saves and looks terrible lately!  

How is it possible for a human being to sweat THAT much???  He's even sweating in early season games with snow flurries flying!

Britton seems to be doing ok as a closer.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gary Sanchize to the DL. Looking like Christian Vasquez will end up having a better year. Who would have guessed that? Wow.

No surprise there Biz.

He's been slumping real bad at the plate for a month now. But he has really picked up his game this year behind the plate. Compared to how dimal he was defensively last year.

I like Romine better as an all around player. Much more consistent overall.

And Vasquez is a future star.

• Like 1

Yanks have one of the greatest lineups ever assembled and one of the greatest bullpens ever assembled, but starting pitching wins in the playoffs. I'm surprised they haven't gone all in for a few big time starters.

He makes what Mariano did even more remarkable

And Kimbrel’s numbers through 300 saves is significantly better than Mo.

crazy, but true!

What he^^^ said...that’s the point Chapman is talented enough but seems to not show the stones for the job- Mariano was a robot that rarely let emotion enter his game- that’s what true closer today seem to be missing.

• Like 1

12 more years of the same and we can talk

What he^^^ said...that’s the point Chapman is talented enough but seems to not show the stones for the job- Mariano was a robot that rarely let emotion enter his game- that’s what true closer today seem to be missing.

Actually 7-8 years and he would pass Rivera in saves. But missing most of this year when he’s still young hurts his chances.