2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Yanks at Sox starting tonight. Could this be the nail in the coffin for the BoSox season????  At the very least for AL east?  We will see! 11 games back right now.

Is that a joke? The division has been wrapped up for months. We are just trying to determine if we are buyers for wildcard push or sellers. I’d be happy with a 2/2 split

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red sox are like Matthew's bows. They used to be good, they are popular, and biz loves them.  

Used to be? Who’s the current MLB champion? The Red Sox. Who had the most WS rings this century? The Red Sox.

I’m not following your logic......I’m sure the dodgers would gladly trade all their division titles and playoffs appearances for just 1 of our 4 recent rings. It’s all or nothing. Nobody cares about 2nd place

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

Red sox are like Matthew's bows. They used to be good, they are popular, and biz loves them.  

That applies to the Yankees. Good in the 90s and early 2000s, popular.  They have certainly played well so far this season, but I won't be impressed until they win a ring.  Been awhile...

• Like 1

That applies to the Yankees. Good in the 90s and early 2000s, popular.  They have certainly played well so far this season, but I won't be impressed until they win a ring.  Been awhile...

They need Starters. Every year the same thing happens in MLB playoffs- great offenses get shutdown by great pitching. I don’t see how the current Yankees get past the Astros in a 7 game series, but we’ll see. It’s a shame to keep winning 100 games and nothing to show for it.

In 2017 they had 3-2 series lead and blew it to Astros.

In 2018 they had 1-1 series tied and 2 games at Yankee stadium and blew it to Sox.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Used to be? Who’s the current MLB champion? The Red Sox. Who had the most WS rings this century? The Red Sox.

I’m not following your logic......I’m sure the dodgers would gladly trade all their division titles and playoffs appearances for just 1 of our 4 recent rings. It’s all or nothing. Nobody cares about 2nd place

Just trying to fire up the rivalry biz. You dont need to follow my logic. enjoy the series 

• Like 1

Cards win 14-8 . Wainwright has a bad first inning back to back walks gave up two runs . Top of second  cards batted around including three homeruns , scored 9 runs .

By the forth inning it was 13- 4 , I almost took off my Cards hat , Bucks fans were getting pissed , mostly at their own team .

They ended up having two position players pitch .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BeIo said:

Cards win 14-8 . Wainwright has a bad first inning back to back walks gave up two runs . Top of second  cards batted around including three homeruns , scored 9 runs .

By the forth inning it was 13- 4 , I almost took off my Cards hat , Bucks fans were getting pissed , mostly at their own team .

They ended up having two position players pitch .

DEJONG! 3 TIMES

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Can’t see your pics? What’s fancy in Pittsburgh?

Can’t post pics site won’t let me .says contact them for assistance, but that’s largely failed .

Any place I gotta put on long pants, is fancy .

https://braddocksrestaurant.com/

Edited by BeIo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I would have ordered the Ribeye

I did ! It was ok , I was bit disappointed, the Mrs had crab stuffed sole , that she liked .

Really wanted shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, but it wasn’t an option.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

They need Starters. Every year the same thing happens in MLB playoffs- great offenses get shutdown by great pitching. I don’t see how the current Yankees get past the Astros in a 7 game series, but we’ll see. It’s a shame to keep winning 100 games and nothing to show for it.

In 2017 they had 3-2 series lead and blew it to Astros.

In 2018 they had 1-1 series tied and 2 games at Yankee stadium and blew it to Sox.

This could not be more true, after the lastest meltdown from Tanaka. Starting pitching from the Yanks is in the toilet right now, and has been for some time. Bullpen is pretty good, but gassed by constantly having to bail out the starters early. All while the front office seemingly sits on their hands, not coming up with a quality starter and or, adding another arm to the pen! 

This is the yanks best shot at a WS in a long time. But they won't get there without quality pitching!! Not even close!

C'mon Yankees front office!! Get your butts off the money bags, and get some better arms in the rotation, or be sent home early, to watch another team celebrate being on top!!!

11 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Poor Tanaka. David Cone just said he has to fly right now to face Kim Jong-un. 12ER is automatic death i heard

LOL........12 ER's in 3 innings???  He has to be tipping his pitches or something??  Plenty of guys in single A that could have done better than Tanaka did last night. And his last few starts weren't much better.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

This could not be more true, after the lastest meltdown from Tanaka. Starting pitching from the Yanks is in the toilet right now, and has been for some time. Bullpen is pretty good, but gassed by constantly having to bail out the starters early. All while the front office seemingly sits on their hands, not coming up with a quality starter and or, adding another arm to the pen! 

This is the yanks best shot at a WS in a long time. But they won't get there without quality pitching!! Not even close!

C'mon Yankees front office!! Get your butts off the money bags, and get some better arms in the rotation, or be sent home early, to watch another team celebrate being on top!!!

LOL........12 ER's in 3 innings???  He has to be tipping his pitches or something??  Plenty of guys in single A that could have done better than Tanaka did last night. And his last few starts weren't much better.

For the Yanks, 2017 was a great shot at WS, so was last year though.

21 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

That 2017 Astros team
Was/is unreal. They are the favorite again this year. Maybe we can shock them. A great starter is coming to NY there’s no doubt about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The 2018 Astros team was even better, but Sox dismantled that 103 win team.

In 2017, everything went right for Yanks and they had 3-2 series lead of astros. They needed to finish. When things go right, you gotta ride it all the way! The 2017 Yanks reminded me 2013 Red Sox with no pre-season expectation but then everything goes right.

who do you think Yanks get? Stroman, Robbie Ray? ZERO chance they Noah.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld