2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Unless the Yankees find some starting pitching somewhere they’re done.  I’ll continue to watch the food channel or the likes.  Currently watching Monsters Inc with the girls 

We went the other way since the girls are in MA for an overnight. Boys movie night so they wanted scary- The Shining it is!!!
There goes my Father of the Year Award I thought I had locked up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

There’s a lot of steroids on that list..are you telling us something about your BF(Best Fielder of course)

No. I’m telling you in the history of baseball, Aaron Judge has never hit a ball off the green monster nor over it in regular season

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Stroman to the Mets! Wtf

Cornering the market.  Now the Yankees and Dodgers are going to have to pay extra for the few available arms left on the market.

2 games out and going strong. Need another pitcher and could shock the world 
01DB9CC9-58B6-4227-B55C-559653F3054B.thumb.png.f6aee7638039a655809e597f265bc170.png

I would gladly take Bauer. I hope Yanks or Astros don’t get him. For the Yanks, he would be their # 1

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, sodfather said:

He’s be #2 on the Sox behind Price. Probably a #1 for NY 

Sox won't go for him. He would start game 4 at best. Look at the peripheral stats. Sale/Price/E Rod in some sort of order, then it would be Bauer or Porcello in game 4. In 8 seasons, Bauer has had 1 great one (last year).  Bauer wasn't even given a start last year in the playoffs in their ALDS series vs the Astros.

EDIT -- Just checked out 2019 Best Pitchers (WAR) in all of MLB. E Rod # 25, Sale # 38, Price # 41, Bauer # 52....so right where i thought.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

39 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sox won't go for him. He would start game 4 at best. Look at the peripheral stats. Sale/Price/E Rod in some sort of order, then it would be Bauer or Porcello in game 4. In 8 seasons, Bauer has had 1 great one (last year).  Bauer wasn't even given a start last year in the playoffs in their ALDS series vs the Astros.

EDIT -- Just checked out 2019 Best Pitchers (WAR) in all of MLB. E Rod # 25, Sale # 38, Price # 41, Bauer # 52....so right where i thought.

Who’s this Sale guy you keep mentioning? Is that tall lanky fella with the bloated contract with a loosing record?

11 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Bauer is goofy.  Remember the drone accident at playoff time a few years back?  I wonder if his "performance" yesterday was a move toward not getting traded.  Maybe he's not that clever.  Maybe I have a suspicious mind.  

He gave up the lead in a game when they had a chance to sweep KC. Also hasn’t been himself this year with injuries 

Who’s this Sale guy you keep mentioning? Is that tall lanky fella with the bloated contract with a loosing record?

Pitching Records don’t mean anything. You know better than that. DeGrom was 10-9 last year in a HISTORIC season. He’s 6-7 this year.

German and Sale have same exact numbers this year. One has 5 wins the other 13. Rick Porcello stinks this year and keeps getting W’s thx to timely run support.

Conclusion:

is Sale having a down year? Yes.

Is Sale still one of the best pitchers in MLB? Yes.

7 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How are 5 wins and 13 wins the same exact numbers ?

Because wins mean nothing for starting pitchers. It's a product of run support. So you wouldnt want Degrom on your team because he doesn't get wins?

Sale = 4.26ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 13.2K/9, and 5.4 K/BB Ratio, 3.41 FIP

German = 4.08ERA, 1.11WHIP, 9.9K/9, and 4.4 K/BB Ratio, 4.40 FIP

The above 2 guys are having nearly the same exact season, but Sale has been more dominant. German has gotten run support.

Rick Porcello has 9 wins and his numbers are atrocious compared to the two above players

CY Young is proof wins mean nothing. Degrom won the award with 10-9 record last year. Felix was 13-12 one year. Many players over the years have won it with double digit losses.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Because wins mean nothing for starting pitchers. It's a product of run support. So you wouldnt want Degrom on your team because he doesn't get wins?

Sale = 4.26ERA, 1.10 WHIP, 13.2K/9, and 5.4 K/BB Ratio, 3.41 FIP

German = 4.08ERA, 1.11WHIP, 9.9K/9, and 4.4 K/BB Ratio, 4.40 FIP

The above 2 guys are having nearly the same exact season, but Sale has been more dominant. German has gotten run support.

Rick Porcello has 9 wins and his numbers are atrocious compared to the two above players

CY Young is proof wins mean nothing. Degrom won the award with 10-9 record last year. Felix was 13-12 one year. Many players over the years have won it with double digit losses.

I think I posted this last year when you did your fuzzy math defended guys like Degrom winning Cy Young awards with only 10 wins during the season.  in 1972 Steve Carlton won 27 games during the season for the Phillies.  The Phillies won only 59 games the entire season meaning that Carlton won 46% of the total games his team won.  How about that compared to DeGrom and others who could barely get to double digits in wins during a season on teams that were not totally bad?  These modern day pitchers are chumps compared to the work horses of yesteryear.

20 minutes ago, steve863 said:

I think I posted this last year when you did your fuzzy math defended guys like Degrom winning Cy Young awards with only 10 wins during the season.  in 1972 Steve Carlton won 27 games during the season for the Phillies.  The Phillies won only 59 games the entire season meaning that Carlton won 46% of the total games his team won.  How about that compared to DeGrom and others who could barely get to double digits in wins during a season on teams that were not totally bad?  These modern day pitchers are chumps compared to the work horses of yesteryear.

I agree with you that it's a different game. Complete Games and Shutouts are a thing of the past. You know who leads the AL in shutouts this season? Chris Sale, with 1.

39 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I agree with you that it's a different game. Complete Games and Shutouts are a thing of the past. You know who leads the AL in shutouts this season? Chris Sale, with 1.

Shane Bieber just got #2 last night.