2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Pitching Records don’t mean anything. You know better than that. DeGrom was 10-9 last year in a HISTORIC season. He’s 6-7 this year.

German and Sale have same exact numbers this year. One has 5 wins the other 13. Rick Porcello stinks this year and keeps getting W’s thx to timely run support.

Conclusion:

is Sale having a down year? Yes.

Is Sale still one of the best pitchers in MLB? Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are what your record says you are . 

This year he’s having a bad year and the Sox are a wildcard possibly. 

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Huh? Bauer pitched yesterday for Indians and got shelled. He then fired a ball over the CF fence.

Sorry, saw he had 2 so I assumed it was last night.  He pitched his 2nd complete game shut out on the 24th.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Bullpens also plays a role.  Last year, so many times did deGrom leave the game after the 7th inning with a 1-0 lead only to have the Mets bullpen blow it in the 9th.

Yup. I think I once read that if Degrom just got 3 or 4 runs each start last year he would have won 25+ games

If “if and buts” were candy and nuts we’d all have a Merry Christmas!
Excuses are like A-holes...we all have them and they all stink.
Just win damnit

You’d have a bad staff if you were GM and only looked at wins. Maybe not as bad as Yanks rotation, but bad

You’d have a bad staff if you were GM and only looked at wins. Maybe not as bad as Yanks rotation, but bad

Hence I am a strong and new believer in 12-14 pitchers pitching 1 inning a night!!!! Never need to worry about wins- win YOUR inning!

Hence I am a strong and new believer in 12-14 pitchers pitching 1 inning a night!!!! Never need to worry about wins- win YOUR inning!

The primmadonnas today can’t pitch everyday, so you’d have to carry too many pitchers or run out of options promoting/demoting guys.

I think we’ll see some big starts this postseason like always. 7-8 innings stud performances

Never forget Eovaldi’s epic WS performance of 6-7 innings, 100 pitches in RELIEF! We lost that game (Kinsler error and Nate finally gave up a homer), but won the series because of that performance

12 hours ago, johnplav said:

For Puig?? 

Not before he fought the Pirates!

Dombrowski needs to make a move! our bullpen blew it again last night. If we didn't have a gazillion blown saves this year, we'd be ahead of yanks winning our 4th straight division title.

On 7/29/2019 at 1:34 PM, sodfather said:

You are what your record says you are . 

This year he’s having a bad year and the Sox are a wildcard possibly. 

So last year you wouldnt have given DeGrom the Cy Young because he was 10-9?

12 hours ago, johnplav said:

For Puig?? 

It's really for Frammel Reyes.  He's 24 years old and built like an NFL tight end.  Bauer had one good year.  Rest of his career including this year he's been average.

• Like 2

as a yankees fan i usually pick up a bunch of them for my fantasy team. These are the players I have or have had rostered this year

sevirino. just dropped after being on the dl all year

stanton. useless and my #3 pick

sanchez. solid early on and now hurt

voit. added after Gallo's first injury and now looks like he will miss time.

so frustrating with these guys

13 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Awards are personal best . But I bet if you asked Sale he wouldn’t trade his ring for an award. 

definitely not. him closing out the dodgers in the world series is epic! especially because he made Manny Machado look like a fool!

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

Technically I should wait until tomorrow, but here's the monthly update of my Feb. Predictions.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1. Ryan Brasier (Red Sox) gets 10 or more saves - Still stuck on 7 saves, think he had 6 in April. He's in minors now, so looks like I will lose this one.

2. Mookie Betts (Red Sox) finishes top 6 in AL MVP for 4th consecutive season and wins 4th consecutive gold glove. -Betts coming on strong late, should be good for both of these unless Dever/Boegarts steal his MVP votes.

3. CC Sabathia (Yankees) in his final season, does not win 13 games - Fatboy Crooked Cap has only 5 wins and has food stuck in his larynx again so he's on DL. Easy win for me unless he somehow gets 8 wins in 2 months.

4. Aaron Judge (Yankees) hits under 48HR - EASY WIN. Big Tree, Fall Hard. Injury/slump prone.

5. Gary Sanchez (Yankees) hits under .275 EASY WIN. also Injury/slump prone.

6. Andrew Benintendi (Red Sox) Wins a Gold Glove - I think he leads OF's in assists, hopefully he gets his credit.

7. Eduardo Rodriguez (Red Sox) Wins more games than CC Sabathia (Yankees)  -Easy win. E Rod broke out and has 13 wins already, CC only 5.

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Technically I should wait until tomorrow, but here's the monthly update of my Feb. Predictions.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

1. Ryan Brasier (Red Sox) gets 10 or more saves - Still stuck on 7 saves, think he had 6 in April. He's in minors now, so looks like I will lose this one.

2. Mookie Betts (Red Sox) finishes top 6 in AL MVP for 4th consecutive season and wins 4th consecutive gold glove. -Betts coming on strong late, should be good for both of these unless Dever/Boegarts steal his MVP votes.

3. CC Sabathia (Yankees) in his final season, does not win 13 games - Fatboy Crooked Cap has only 5 wins and has food stuck in his larynx again so he's on DL. Easy win for me unless he somehow gets 8 wins in 2 months.

4. Aaron Judge (Yankees) hits under 48HR - EASY WIN. Big Tree, Fall Hard. Injury/slump prone.

5. Gary Sanchez (Yankees) hits under .275 EASY WIN. also Injury/slump prone.

6. Andrew Benintendi (Red Sox) Wins a Gold Glove - I think he leads OF's in assists, hopefully he gets his credit.

7. Eduardo Rodriguez (Red Sox) Wins more games than CC Sabathia (Yankees)  -Easy win. E Rod broke out and has 13 wins already, CC only 5.

Yeah Biz, that's all good, but I really want to know who wins the WS?????

20 minutes ago, grampy said:

Yeah Biz, that's all good, but I really want to know who wins the WS?????

Barring some crazy injuries, it will be the Houston Astros. Dodgers will fold for the 7th straight year in the playoffs.

2nd pick is Dodgers (if they overcome their playoff demons)

3rd pick is Red Sox (if they sneak into playoffs and pitching gets hot)

4th pick is Cubs

Rest of the teams (Braves, Yanks, Twins) either lack pitching or leadership of veterans/coaching or both.

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Barring some crazy injuries, it will be the Houston Astros. Dodgers will fold for the 7th straight year in the playoffs.

2nd pick is Dodgers (if they overcome their playoff demons)

3rd pick is Red Sox (if they sneak into playoffs and pitching gets hot)

4th pick is Cubs

Rest of the teams (Braves, Yanks, Twins) either lack pitching or leadership of veterans/coaching or both.

Fun fact for anyone who doesn’t know this , if the Twins win WS as my preseason prediction I will then own Biz’s house with everything in it . But you can take the cats