2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

1 minute ago, sodfather said:

Fun fact for anyone who doesn’t know this , if the Twins win WS as my preseason prediction I will then own Biz’s house with everything in it . But you can take the cats 

1 clarification, you have to pay remaining mortgage/taxes though and let me swim in the pool 94 days per year

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Is there an addendum for the Ranger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ranger is not a dwelling. He would only get the house, shed, pool, etc. If Twins don't win WS, i send him a pay-off statement from my mortgage company and he makes the payment.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Baseball? No. We’ve got OF coming out the wazoo

It's racism towards him because he's a native american. let him play 1B! Voit tore a testicle.

Hicks has to have a great year to hit .240. Ellsbury could hit .241 with his eyes closed.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Tanak threw 4 innings today. Cashman is down to 53 minutes or he gets hung off the side of the GW bridge!

I think they are tying the noose, and securing it to the rail right now!!

Unreal!!  The one thing his team needs to contend for a WS, and he turns his back. Let him swing!!

Edited by grampy
  • Like 1

Tanak threw 4 innings today. Cashman is down to 53 minutes or he gets hung off the side of the GW bridge!
Cashman is a joke and the most overrated GM in sports. Not a single deal done. GM of the worst era in the history of the Yankees. Right now this team would look to be lucky to win a playoff series.

The Boss is rolling over in his grave.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tarheel95 said:

Cashman is a joke and the most overrated GM in sports. Not a single deal done. GM of the worst era in the history of the Yankees. Right now this team would look to be lucky to win a playoff series.

Yup. They are quickly becoming the dodgers. lots of regular season wins, but not many rings. How many 100-win seasons this century with only 1 ring? this year has to be like their 5th or 6th in 19 years.

4 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Yup. They are quickly becoming the dodgers. lots of regular season wins, but not many rings. How many 100-win seasons this century with only 1 ring? this year has to be like their 5th or 6th in 19 years.

Lefty Gomez and Stottlemyre can fill in as pitchers..

Just a terrible take. Yanks have fielded
Like 70 different lineups and are 30 games over .500 because of a bunch of no names Cashman brought in. He wasn’t going to get raped for the mediocre starters that moved today. Not getting Stroman does piss me off

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sox need Beckett, Pedro, Schilling and Lester

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i liked when they had Beckett, Pedro and Manny it was easier to hate them.  lol.    Hated liking Big Papi, Pedroia and Youkillis   

And this is a deal if we can bring back Clemens, Wells, Mussina, Petite and El Duke', and the Sandman! - Hell he could prob still pitch as a closer. 

Agree to disagree and I am a Yankee fan. This franchise has never been about the regular season, it's about banners. If they don't make a world series this year, it's the first time since the 1910s that they haven't done that. If they don't win a world series this year, it's the first time since the '80s.

Cashman has been GM since 97. He gets no credit for the late 90s since Michael ostensibly assembled that talent. He won one world series with a team he assembled. He's great at putting together regular season teams that bludgeon you to death but one world series in 20 years ain't cutting it. He had no problem holding Girardi accountable, but no one takes him to task.

I honestly hope I am wrong and you are right but I don't see how this staff does anything in the playoffs.

Indians spank the 2nd best team in baseball and only 3 off the lead. Trade deadline may have been just what they needed.. Start banging the drum Lets we go tribe 

If anyone will get the talent out of Puig, it’s Francona! He was great with wacky personalities (Manny, Damon, Millar, Youk, Pedroia, Ortiz, Papelbon, Beckett, etc. )

Astros paid through the roof for Grienke.  They're going for it I'll give them credit for that.  But Mets got Stroman for a guy who is destined to be a 4 or 5th start and a Single A guy who is projected to be a reliever.  Yanks couldn't put up a better offer than that?

Weird trade deadline.  Biggest moves outside of Grienke were made by teams unexpected to make those kind of moves.  Red with Bauer and Mets with Stroman.

Everyone blasted the Mets for grabbing Stroman when they should be sellers.  Now they're 4.5 games out of the wild card with 33 of their remaining games at home against sub 500 teams and/or division rivals.  Crazy but they have a chance to at least go out fighting.  deGrom, Thor, Wheeler, Matz, and Stroman can be as good as any rotation out there.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If anyone will get the talent out of Puig, it’s Francona! He was great with wacky personalities (Manny, Damon, Millar, Youk, Pedroia, Ortiz, Papelbon, Beckett, etc. )

Real grab was Franmil Reyes.  Guy can hit.  Can't run or field for the life of him but he'll have one of the strongest arms as any DH in the American League.

38 minutes ago, Elmo said:

Real grab was Franmil Reyes.  Guy can hit.  Can't run or field for the life of him but he'll have one of the strongest arms as any DH in the American League.

we'll see. .314 OBP is pitiful. hopefully he has big 3rd year like Devers.

4 hours ago, Elmo said:

Astros paid through the roof for Grienke.  They're going for it I'll give them credit for that.  But Mets got Stroman for a guy who is destined to be a 4 or 5th start and a Single A guy who is projected to be a reliever.  Yanks couldn't put up a better offer than that?

Weird trade deadline.  Biggest moves outside of Grienke were made by teams unexpected to make those kind of moves.  Red with Bauer and Mets with Stroman.

Everyone blasted the Mets for grabbing Stroman when they should be sellers.  Now they're 4.5 games out of the wild card with 33 of their remaining games at home against sub 500 teams and/or division rivals.  Crazy but they have a chance to at least go out fighting.  deGrom, Thor, Wheeler, Matz, and Stroman can be as good as any rotation out there.

Wheeler throwing a gem today. HERE COME THE METS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Agree to disagree and I am a Yankee fan. This franchise has never been about the regular season, it's about banners. If they don't make a world series this year, it's the first time since the 1910s that they haven't done that. If they don't win a world series this year, it's the first time since the '80s.

Cashman has been GM since 97. He gets no credit for the late 90s since Michael ostensibly assembled that talent. He won one world series with a team he assembled. He's great at putting together regular season teams that bludgeon you to death but one world series in 20 years ain't cutting it. He had no problem holding Girardi accountable, but no one takes him to task.

I honestly hope I am wrong and you are right but I don't see how this staff does anything in the playoffs.

I’m not saying I’m happy with this roster, just that the scrubs that moved at this deadline aren’t worth the haul teams were asking. They allegedly could have had Garrett Cole last year for Frazier. If that’s true it’s a colossal mistake they passed. Stroman would have been nice I would love to know what the heck happened there