2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Ya second series that month , I hate the Cubs , and their fans tend to be Dicks at times . Mrs Nomad doesn’t want to go to all 3 games wtf , but if it means that much to me .....

Frankly I want to hit up some restaurants, see that Arch and so forth , so maybe it would be fun to watch a game at a local bar , for some local color .

Did I mention I hate the Cubs ?

• Like 2

Cubs fans vs Cards fans, who are more insufferable? Could be a tie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

From my experience at many stadiums, only Yankees fans fight each other at home games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From my experience at many stadiums, only Yankees fans fight each other at home games.

Ever been to a Phillies game...tough stuff there!

That has nothing to do with being a Yankee fan and everything to do with being a New York Citier who probably recently saw Rocky or Bronx Tale or the latest Jersey Shore spin-off and wants to be Rocky or Cologino or Paulie.

Ever been to a Phillies game...tough stuff there!

That has nothing to do with being a Yankee fan and everything to do with being a New York Citier who probably recently saw Rocky or Bronx Tale or the latest Jersey Shore spin-off and wants to be Rocky or Cologino or Paulie.

Yes, that would be my vote for 2nd. I went to Sox/Phillies game there. I got haggled pretty good. Ortiz hit a homer and Ryan Howard got booed and that’s when he was hitting 50-60 homers a year. I think eagles fans are worse than Phillies fans.

But, every single time I go to Yankee stadium I see fans fighting each other and they are all in Yankees gear.

You can’t go to a Raiders game unless wearing silver or black or subject yourself to harassment.

I went to Yankees/Red Sux at Fenway years backs WITH my boys all decked out in Yankee gear. We had a blast- good natured ribbing back and forth, sports banter, “tip of the cap” to whichever team did well.

3 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You can’t go to a Raiders game unless wearing silver or black or subject yourself to harassment.

I went to Yankees/Red Sux at Fenway years backs WITH my boys all decked out in Yankee gear. We had a blast- good natured ribbing back and forth, sports banter, “tip of the cap” to whichever team did well.

Yup. Not because I am a red sox fan, but having been to tons of games at fenway and yankee stadium, i feel that the sox fans are more in tune with the game and what is actually going on baseball-wise. Many Yankees fans (moreso since the new stadium), seem to just be there but not really paying attention to the game.

Odds are the Red Sox won't make the playoffs, but things are getting interesting quickly as we are hotter than a $2 pistol the last 2 weeks. The current playoffs team I'm sure are hoping we don't make it. What a season by the leftside of the infield. Devers and Boegarts will each .300 with 30HR/100RBI and 100 runs scored. JD Martinez may do it too. The Boegarts extension looks brilliant now. Devers still only 22 is crazy. If not for Trout going wild, Dever would win the MVP. He's going to have 50+ doubles too.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/if-the-red-sox-were-ever-going-to-get-hot-they-picked-a-pretty-good-time-to-do-it

Magic number for the Yankees....is 13 !!
Biz doesn't seem to be keeping the count this year???

First AL East division since? It’s been a while. I know orioles won it more recently than Yanks. Congrats. Now win the WS or it means nada

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

First AL East division since? It’s been a while. I know orioles won it more recently than Yanks. Congrats. Now win the WS or it means nada

Just saying..... You were so spot on with the countdown last year! You are much better at it than I am. Was hoping you'd keep it going this year too? And yeah....I am bustin your chops just a little. That's what Yanks and Sox fans do! All in good fun though.

Going to be interesting once the playoffs start. Yanks have as much chance as anyone, of going all the way this year. Long overdue. We'll see?

Just saying..... You were so spot on with the countdown last year! You are much better at it than I am. Was hoping you'd keep it going this year too? And yeah....I am bustin your chops just a little. That's what Yanks and Sox fans do! All in good fun though.
Going to be interesting once the playoffs start. Yanks have as much chance as anyone, of going all the way this year. Long overdue. We'll see?

The Springer Injury For Astros could be big. Also the race for # 1 or # 2 seed could be big for Astros/Yanks

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Flights booked , hotel 1/2 mile from stadium, seats  in the Red Bird Club , just have to book stadium tour. Last series of the season . Cards won 22 out of last 28 games , cubs hanging close , should be good !

I went to Wrigley for Cubs/Cards at the very end of last season, magical experience. And I hate both teams lol

• Like 1

Did Sanchez just figure out how to throw out more runners? Throw to the extreme first base side of 2nd and have the SS cover make the tag on the runner’s calf. Shorter throw.
Bradley was out easily on a tough pitch to throw out a runner....add this (along with pitchers pitching 1 inning per night EVERY night) to my Crappy Metrics philosophy.

• Like 1