2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

11 minutes ago, steve863 said:

ZERO interest in college sports for me.  It amazes me how many people follow it.  I guess they have way more time to waste than I do.  I remember kids talking about the Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, and opposing teams in these leagues, but college sports was on no ones radar.  Different generation I guess.

Following sports is a waste of time, but here your are talking about people (who follow sports) on a hunting site?  Waste time much?

20 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Well if you think Cashman did something special by "finding" Judge at the 32nd pick, you must be shook at the fact that the Red Sox found Betts at 172nd pick and Bogaerts undrafted. Because let's not forget, tiny Mookie Betts the 5-9' 2nd baseman has had 2.5 times better career than Aaron Judge so far and is 1 year younger as well. 41 WAR vs 17 WAR

i absolutely give credit to the sox for finding those guys. you're making my point for me. It's not like any of the guys we're discussing were consensus overall #1's. They were later picks. That's where a GM of any sport makes their name. Tom Brady is probably the best example of this. Know when to reach and when to wait and when to pass. 

19 hours ago, steve863 said:

ZERO interest in college sports for me.  It amazes me how many people follow it.  I guess they have way more time to waste than I do.  I remember kids talking about the Yankees, Mets, Giants, Jets, Knicks, Nets, Rangers, Islanders, and opposing teams in these leagues, but college sports was on no ones radar.  Different generation I guess.

i'm more into the nfl than college, but i prefer college basketball to the nba. Both collegiate sports have some great passion though. I love seeing guys just go out and play for their school or a shot at a career. So much more refreshing than seeing a guy sit out for more millions, no loyalty to his team or fan base etc. 

In the end, i'm the same though. I'm too busy during the fall to give up my Saturday and Sunday to football. But I do like to catch the night games now that I'm older and rarely go out anymore haha.

23 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The Polar Bear, Alonso bought custom 9/11 cleats for entire team. What a classy move on a rookie salary.

He also donated part of his home run derby winnings to some veteran charity.  Then in a very apropos fashion, they go out on 9/11 and score 9 runs on 11 hits.  You can't script it any better.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Elmo said:

He also donated part of his home run derby winnings to some veteran charity.  Then in a very apropos fashion, they go out on 9/11 and score 9 runs on 11 hits.  You can't script it any better.

Mets massive sweep over DBacks. They ain't dead yet

On 9/13/2019 at 7:11 PM, turkeyfeathers said:

Yankees magic number 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Should wrap up the division this coming week. Perhaps home field advantage too?

Going into the playoffs, there is definitely some stout competition for sure. But I think the Yanks do have a legitimate chance of going all the way.

Will have to see how it all plays out. I do enjoy postseason baseball!!

• Like 1

Should wrap up the division this coming week. Perhaps home field advantage too?
Going into the playoffs, there is definitely some stout competition for sure. But I think the Yanks do have a legitimate chance of going all the way.
Will have to see how it all plays out. I do enjoy postseason baseball!!

Right now we’ve got some starters pitching like aces, we have a great chance of that continues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro