2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Mahomes is fine. Id rather him have surgery now though then come back in 3-4 weeks and get hurt worse.

Did you move to WNY? Its not even lunch time in NYC and you seem pretty done with work - only thing missing is the Friday Train Beer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It's not gutted, it's in the majors! Devers is an absolute superstars and hes 22. Benintendi, Betts, Xander, etc. are all very young. Yes, we traded Moncada for Sale but we got a ring for it! Looking back, i'm sure you wish cashman traded Andujar for Cole, no? Dodgers keep winning divisions and 0 rings in 30+ years, yanks are getting close to that with 1 in 19 years. Something has to change.

I think we have the pieces in place to go to...... and win a WS. But those pieces just went cold at the wrong time this year. It happens..............

Yes, Boston has some outstanding young talent right now. But for how long? No way will they be able to pay what some of those guy's like Betts, will get somewhere else. Yanks will have the same problem too at some point. But have a much better farm system to fall back on.

Just now, crappyice said:

Did you move to WNY? Its not even lunch time in NYC and you seem pretty done with work - only thing missing is the Friday Train Beer

I realized you don't need to live in WNY to live the WNY-lifestyle. Give me about 35-45 minutes and I'll have the train beer. I actually caught a glimpse this morning (i think) of a Juicy IPA by Montauk Brewing in Grand Central. If so, I'll get it for sure. 

• Like 1

Just now, grampy said:

I think we have the pieces in place to go to...... and win a WS. But those pieces just went cold at the wrong time this year. It happens..............

Yes, Boston has some outstanding young talent right now. But for how long? No way will they be able to pay what some of those guy's like Betts, will get somewhere else. Yanks will have the same problem too at some point. But have a much better farm system to fall back on.

Right. Sox will have to decide to trade betts or lose him for nothing? Yanks will have same issue soon. thats why you gotta win and Yanks didn't do it in 2017, 2018, or 2019. They need starters badly and several of them. If the sox get healthy, i'd take Price, Sale, Eovaldi, and E Rod over anyone in MLB.

• Like 1

Here’s a scary thought . I became a Cards fan in ‘67 at 8 years old, because I was at my Grandparents house after school and my Grandfather was cheering for them .

The other team in the WS That year ? The Red Sox ! Holy crap , had he been cheering for them I shudder to think of the negative effects that could  have had upon my life .

ok I gotta go cut the grass and possibly start drinking as my sister in law arrives soon for the weekend 

• Like 2

Here’s a scary thought . I became a Cards fan in ‘67 at 8 years old, because I was at my Grandparents house after school and my Grandfather was cheering for them .
The other team in the WS That year ? The Red Sox ! Holy crap , had he been cheering for them I shudder to think of the negative effects that could  have had upon my life .
ok I gotta go cut the grass and possibly start drinking as my sister in law arrives soon for the weekend 

I was a Mets fan in 86. Loved watching them with my dad. Never thought I’d root for Red Sox 10 years later but that’s what the Lenny Dykstra trade did to me

I was a Mets fan in 86. Loved watching them with my dad. Never thought I’d root for Red Sox 10 years later but that’s what the Lenny Dykstra trade did to me

NAILS!!! now theres a fine upstanding toothless lad!

NAILS!!! now theres a fine upstanding toothless lad!

I loved him. The day he got traded and my dad broke the news to me i cried literally. I vowed to never root for the Mets again. I wore # 4 in all sports as a kid because of him and Chris Webber

Well back to Houston and Ole King Cole. My word - Verlander just got better and better. Sanchez is LOST and Judge is right behind him.

I said to my boys during his last at bat, “ i would much rather he watch strike three down the middle than him swing over another breaking ball in the dirt!” And what does he do....backward K right down the middle!

Good to see a little spunk from the Spankees tonight

Pesky Altuve.  Astros going to sweep the Nationals as would the Yankees would have. How’d the Nationals even get in. 

Won’t be a sweep. Nats would have given Yanks the same issue with starting pitching. They are the hottest team since June 1

This is a tough one, I typically won’t cheer for a team that beat the Cards ,and not being a Yankee fan , the Astros should be my team in the WS .

But part of me wants the NL team to win , and I prefer the underdog in most things too , go  Nats ? 

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

With Max and Strasburg that's how,they are playing good at the right time

I saw Jose Altuve play local here for the valley cats, you could tell then he was going places . 

I hope it goes 6 or 7 either way .

I too saw Altuve play here with the cats. And knew from the fist time I saw him, he was something special. The Joe, is a wonderful place to take the kids for some great baseball.

The Yankees are going home and they deserve to. Except for a couple players, they couldn't hit to bring runners in scoring position home. Offensively, Judge and Sanchez were horrendous throughout the post season! And the "billion dollar" Stanton wasn't even there. 

Yankees need to revamp and get some upper echelon starting pitching. Then make some decisions on who to keep and who to trade, up and down the lineup. What good are these guys who put up good numbers in the regular season, and go to playoffs with that deer in the headlights  look on their faces at the plate!

• Like 1

Pesky Altuve.  Astros going to sweep the Nationals as would the Yankees would have. How’d the Nationals even get in. 

Won’t be a sweep. Nats would have given Yanks the same issue with starting pitching. They are the hottest team since June 1

No sweep! Told ya

• Like 1

Another great pitching duel tonight..Strasburg vs. Verlander.The hottest pitcher in the post season is Strasburg. This might be the year for the Cinderella Nats. Bryce who ?

I hate Bryce, so seeing the Nats succeed without him and his overrated play is great