2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Almost TEBOW TIME!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is he still a Virgin?

Edit - I just checked his stats. Brutal season in Syracuse. Massive step backwards in career.

He still has an NFL playoff win though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is he still a Virgin?

Edit - I just checked his stats. Brutal season in Syracuse. Massive step backwards in career.

Those stats may not help answer your original question.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Is he still a Virgin?

I believe he's either married now if not, at least engaged.  So if he's still a virgin, he soon won't be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They’re letting him walk presumably, so dumb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

They'll give him the worst threat a pending free agent can have nowadays.  The highly feared "qualifying offer".  Look what it did to Dallas Kuechel and Craig Kimbel.  Might scare him to return at a lower cost.  Otherwise, Mets will at least get a draft pick out of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elmo said:

They'll give him the worst threat a pending free agent can have nowadays.  The highly feared "qualifying offer".  Look what it did to Dallas Kuechel and Craig Kimbel.  Might scare him to return at a lower cost.  Otherwise, Mets will at least get a draft pick out of it.

Dare I say the Mets are...IN THE MIX??! 7 wins in a row and 4GB. DBacks are ahead of them and traded their ace

37 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Dare I say the Mets are...IN THE MIX??! 7 wins in a row and 4GB. DBacks are ahead of them and traded their ace

As of 8/2/19, the Mets may have a better chance at upsetting Dodgers in ALCS than Yanks do vs. Astros in ALCS!

There's too many teams they need to overtake but 4 games out isn't a lot.  At the very least, they'll make for exciting baseball in September.  If they get in, that starting 5 gives them a chance in any series.

There's too many teams they need to overtake but 4 games out isn't a lot.  At the very least, they'll make for exciting baseball in September.  If they get in, that starting 5 gives them a chance in any series.

Starting 3 you mean. 4 at most. Don’t need 5 starters in October that’s why it’s a whole new ballgame. Matz or wheelers becomes a setup man.

Paxton at the stadium = loss. Yanks are favored: everyone on the forum zelle me $10 and we'll take the Sox money line. We will use the winnings to fund a massive lease in central NY and treat it like a time share.

Yanks are due to end the Sox. But if we can win 3/4 again, we aren’t dead. This is the season this weekend. 4 games in 3 days and we 3.5gb already. We need a spark for our rotation to start pitching well. Offense is not a problem. This is about the time of year last year when the Sox swept the Yanks and ended them.

Heading down to Camden Yards for tomorrow nights game with my son and both grandsons!! Looking forward to the "boys get away"!

Never been to downtown Baltimore, so don't really know what to expect?

Hey Biz, what is the magic number for Yanks to clench the division?

Can you give a daily update like last year?  :rolleyes:

• Like 3

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 8:13 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

If the Rays sweep us and Yanks take 3 of 4 this weekend and we are dunzo

Rays 4 pitchers threw a no hitter yesterday I think      Their pitching is now pretty dang good after getting the 2 new guys to add to already great pitching

• Like 1

Heading down to Camden Yards for tomorrow nights game with my son and both grandsons!! Looking forward to the "boys get away"!

It will be Yanks first division since idk when? I know orioles won AL East more recently

Rays 4 pitchers threw a no hitter yesterday I think      Their pitching is now pretty dang good after getting the 2 new guys to add to already great pitching

Rays threw a no hitter? When?

2 hours ago, grampy said:

I went there about 5 years ago. Had a great time. We also went to the national aquarium.  The ballpark is nice and we had a bunch on Yankee fans around us.  And we were joking back and forth with some of the Baltimore fans around us and they were some really nice folks too. 

Stayed at a local hotel that we walked to the game from. They had local brewery connection in the bar down the street there and had a good flight of beers. 

The downside was of course the drive to get to the hotel. Me not caring for a.lot of traffic and don't even like driving thru Syracuse, it def stressed me out. I wanted to turn around and leave. 

But the game was very good and Yanks won! 

Have fun !   

• Thanks 1

Sweet- we couldn’t get the schedules to align to Baltimore with Hershey Park trip we are doing this summer so we are going to do the Washington Nationals (never been) instead as we swing by to hash out some gun control and wall building issues with The Donald.....it we will just see my sister in law and her kids.

b849e2761ce88bfc1a2a3aaf68b30e61.jpg&key=3e06d9b14c6d45f45ce921a949b9008e59b12f1bc5388c9a26402ec4403f4001
Nuff said

It’s like the reverse of last. We swept yanks around this time last year. Nothing going right this year for the Sox. At least I’ll be able sleep well in bow season since I won’t be watching World Series games. Yanks/Astros in the ALCS seems like a given at this point since the Sox mostly likely won’t be in the playoffs. It’ll be a much easier to road to WS from AL this year with only 2 powerhouses instead of 3 in the playoffs.

Going forward, Sox should be fine. Won’t sign Porcello in 2020. Maybe grab a starter and some bullpen help and we are contenders again. Already have the best offense in MLB.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

9-1 in last 10. If they get in, they have the pitching to make a run.

Not unless Edwin Diaz fixes what's ever going on between his ears.

• Like 1