2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

Did Sanchez just figure out how to throw out more runners? Throw to the extreme first base side of 2nd and have the SS cover make the tag on the runner’s calf. Shorter throw.
Bradley was out easily on a tough pitch to throw out a runner....add this (along with pitchers pitching 1 inning per night EVERY night) to my Crappy Metrics philosophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vasquez throws out much higher % than Sanchez anyway. Does German start game 1? Yikes.

How about the free Chacin pickup? Lol. 2 gem innings and I’m not even watching

Bye bye Dombrowski! Didn’t address bullpen in offseason or trade deadline. Deserved to be fired.

Yanks cannot be afraid of change. Sox won 4 WS in 15 years with 3 different GM’s and 3 coaches. When you don’t win a WS you make a change!

Cashman must go if they don’t the WS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Cashman must go if they don’t the WS

except for the fact that the farm system he built is outplaying most teams. Teams would kill to have the problems the yankees have right now. Your big money guys are getting healthy, and you've got hot bats already in place. That's the GMs doing, not his fault. If sevirino can regain his early 18 magic, they will be just fine.

• Like 1

except for the fact that the farm system he built is outplaying most teams. Teams would kill to have the problems the yankees have right now. Your big money guys are getting healthy, and you've got hot bats already in place. That's the GMs doing, not his fault. If sevirino can regain his early 18 magic, they will be just fine.

Without rings it means nothing.

true. but 27 isn't so bad...and he only needs 1 more himself to fill out one of his hands.

Did you just bring up pre-1980 baseball? That’s like my counting the Chiefs super bowl in 1970. Everyone knows you can’t count rings you weren’t alive for.

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Did you just bring up pre-1980 baseball? That’s like my counting the Chiefs super bowl in 1970. Everyone knows you can’t count rings you weren’t alive for.

cashman has 4. those are all post 1980's. Funny how the sox fan got a little cocky the last few years. 

• Like 2

Ticket from last game I attended in St. Louis , $3.50 , Inflation calculator puts that at around $15 in today’s dollars , ones I just bought $140 plus fees .

Btw that game was 13 innings that the paper called a “3 1/2 hour marathon “ lol . Bob Gibson pitched 8 innings with a bad knee and the Phillies pitcher went 11 innings , Joe Torre drove in the winning run , and my favorite player , Al Hrabosky came in from the pen , Lou Brock was 4 for 6 with a stolen base .

That’ll be a hard game to top !

6958E6C4-B61F-4C0B-B252-488A5A7F4135.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Belo said:

cashman has 4. those are all post 1980's. Funny how the sox fan got a little cocky the last few years. 

This thread sure is a LOT quieter, than is was this time last year. I wonder why that is???? 

But the Sawx did pick up a ring. Even though they gutted their farm system, and maxed out their payroll to get it. To the point that Boston's short term future looks bleak at best. But hey....it's win or go home. I get that.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Belo said:

few years? you mean this century. It's 5-4 Yanks in rings in my lifetime, I think we will catch them soon.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

35 minutes ago, grampy said:

This thread sure is a LOT quieter, than is was this time last year. I wonder why that is???? 

But the Sawx did pick up a ring. Even though they gutted their farm system, and maxed out their payroll to get it. To the point that Boston's short term future looks bleak at best. But hey....it's win or go home. I get that.

4 rings in 15 years. We are 2 pitchers away from being 2020 favorites. Stats don't lie.........Betts, Boegarts, Devers, JD Martinez....that's 4 guys who will finish top 20 in AL MVP. And 3 of them are super young along with Benintendi. We aren't going anyway- our future is bright! Porcello comes off the books, Panda comes off the books, so there is money to spend on pitching.

27 minutes ago, steve863 said:

LOL.  I don't know about you guys, but I think I'll be sending this to Biz for the baby shower. 

22240Alt1x.jpg

You and several others are confused. The Yankees are the same to me as the Royals, Marlins, etc. I root for sox, period. I only state facts when yankees fans come out of the woodwork when they have a good team. If you aren't watching 100+ games per year, in my opinion you are not a fan of a baseball team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

4 rings in 15 years. We are 2 pitchers away from being 2020 favorites. Stats don't lie.........Betts, Boegarts, Devers, JD Martinez....that's 4 guys who will finish top 20 in AL MVP. And 3 of them are super young along with Benintendi. We aren't going anyway- our future is bright! Porcello comes off the books, Panda comes off the books, so there is money to spend on pitching.

One of the things I like most about you Biz, is that you are always the optimist!!!  

We'll see how it all plays out. 

3 minutes ago, grampy said:

One of the things I like most about you Biz, is that you are always the optimist!!!  

We'll see how it all plays out. 

Ya Betts Believe that I read this morning that Betts finishes 3rd in MVP behind Trout and Bregman. 

The question is do we trade him for a bunch of MLB-ready prospects? otherwise we may lose him for nothing to a $400M contract. 

Also, will JD Martinez opt out? What started as a down year turned into another great one. But he loves playing in Boston.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld
  • Like 1

Biz , I’m the same , so,many Yankee “ fans “ around me but ask them to name three relief pitchers or the  back up catcher ,blank stare . No offense to the true fans on here ,but there’s too many bandwagon fans with big mouths and little knowledge of the game .

I used to take my family to Toronto to see the Yankees play every year ,I cheered for them .  It’s mostly the late Sept “ I’m a Yankee fan “ folks that annoy me .

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

You and several others are confused. The Yankees are the same to me as the Royals, Marlins, etc. I root for sox, period. I only state facts when yankees fans come out of the woodwork when they have a good team. If you aren't watching 100+ games per year, in my opinion you are not a fan of a baseball team.

Oh, I used to watch plenty of games long before you were born, Biz.  I came to my senses, however, and have more productive things I can do with my time these days instead of watching 4 hour baseball games each night.  I don't have to watch 100 plus games to know that you like to throw it everyone's face when your team is winning and then make excuses when they aren't.  Just giving you a taste of your own medicine, that's all.  It don't taste too good, does it?   Yuk, castor oil.  LOL

• Like 1

It doesn’t mean a thing if you don’t back into the wild card

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’ll be inenof dozens of fans at Camden Yards tonight lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

When we were down to Camden Yards a month ago, there were two yankees fans for every Baltimore fan.

Nice place to see a game, though the city itself is the pits. Enjoy the game!

• Like 1