2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

No comments on my perfect predictions?

Anyway, Chris Sale dunzo. If I’m Sox, I shut him down for the season. And then trade JD Martinez and Betts at the deadline. JD gonna opt out at end of season and demand big $ and Betts gonna be free agent. Get a bunch of prospects and win the 2021 World Series

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Anyway, Chris Sale dunzo. If I’m Sox, I shut him down for the season. And then trade JD Martinez and Betts at the deadline. JD gonna opt out at end of season and demand big $ and Betts gonna be free agent. Get a bunch of prospects and win the 2021 World Series

Ill comment, most of them would also be made by this guy:

Image result for captain obvious

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

So you would chuck the season, a few games out of first, in April, with a $225MM payroll? I wonder what Mr. Henry would say

So you would chuck the season, a few games out of first, in April, with a $225MM payroll? I wonder what Mr. Henry would say

If we are 10gb of 1st at trade deadline, yes I would trade 2 guys.

Sale threw 114 pitches and 7 innings today. Maybe he is turning the corner? Now 0-5

JBJ and Pearce are killing us.

Chavis homered again!

Gary is never going to hit .275. CC has one 13+ win season since 2014, 48 HR is a monster season, pretty easy to just go under on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gary hit .299 and .278 before he shit the bed last year due to injury. He’s not supposed to bounce back?

Not recently but CC has had a ton of 13 win seasons and he’s last 2 years have been some of his best pitching in a while.

Kris Davis hits 48HR, I’m sure Judge was expected to also if not for being injury prone. He hit 52 in the only season he stayed healthy.

Gary hit .299 and .278 before he shit the bed last year due to injury. He’s not supposed to bounce back?

Not recently but CC has had a ton of 13 win seasons and he’s last 2 years have been some of his best pitching in a while.

Kris Davis hits 48HR, I’m sure Judge was expected to also if not for being injury prone. He hit 52 in the only season he stayed healthy.

How many at bats? How old was CC?? Everything we get out of CC is a bonus and so far so good. If Gary hits .250 with 30 HR and 85+ RBI that's amazing for a catcher.

How many at bats? How old was CC?? Everything we get out of CC is a bonus and so far so good. If Gary hits .250 with 30 HR and 85+ RBI that's amazing for a catcher.

Sanchez hit .299 with 201 at bats in 2016
Sanchez hit .278 with 471 at bats in 2017

i'm not sure what to make of my yankees. they're winning but without most of the stars. I guess that's good and reminds me of the royals and rays. But I also have stanton, sanchez and sevirino on my fantasy team and that's been rough. Now with my surprise star rendon out for a while it's hurting hard.

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Sanchez hit .299 with 201 at bats in 2016
Sanchez hit .278 with 471 at bats in 2017

I think hes a .250-.260 hitter and with his power I'll take it. So check off that Biz prediction. Yesterday he almost got thrown out at first on a booted double play ball. They didnt show him out of the box but I suspect he didnt get his ass moving so he learned nothing from that embarrassment in the playoffs

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Belo said:

i'm not sure what to make of my yankees. they're winning but without most of the stars. I guess that's good and reminds me of the royals and rays. But I also have stanton, sanchez and sevirino on my fantasy team and that's been rough. Now with my surprise star rendon out for a while it's hurting hard.

Its incredible how everyone that steps in is knocking the cover off the ball! Its going to be interesting when Hicks and now maybe Andujar come back. I know what I'd do, say goodbye to Gardy

Its incredible how everyone that steps in is knocking the cover off the ball! Its going to be interesting when Hicks and now maybe Andujar come back. I know what I'd do, say goodbye to Gardy
Honestly, I don't really want to see andujar at third. Great bat but a butcher in the field. I never really liked gardy but at least the dude plays every day. Everyone else looks to be made of porcelain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What about Ellsbury!

7 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Honestly, I don't really want to see andujar at third. Great bat but a butcher in the field. I never really liked gardy but at least the dude plays every day. Everyone else looks to be made of porcelain.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I said earlier in the thread that Gardys best ability is availability lol, but hes been clutch. 

Bellinger has 37RBI and it’s April 30th. That’s a MLB record.

Good news for Sox, Porcello pitching tonight like his Cy Young year and Betts/Devers are hotter than a $2 pistol

3,000 K for CC...atta boy

Can he give his 2007 Cy Young to Beckett? He was better in regular reason and playoffs that year. Sox smoked CC twice in their 3-1 series comeback in ALCS

7 hours ago, crappyice said:

Good move Red Sox...they have now forbidden the playing of Fortnight in the clubhouse as motivation. When my children are bad I take away their toys too.

That didn't come from management, it was agreed upon by the players.  Like the hot take though!

That didn't come from management, it was agreed upon by the players.  Like the hot take though!

My bad...it is a proud moment for any parent when the children start to police themselves and do what it good for them without being told! Congrats!