2019 Baseball Thread

grampy

37 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Betts- 0-4 = Yankee win regardless of score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Betts has been 0 or 1-4 all year it seems like . Biz won’t admit it but I predicted his decline after his first child and here we are.

Aided by Roids, so does it really count?
I’m sure he wishes he was remembered for more than “pickoffs” and steroids

He is. Rings. Lots of them. He used HGH to get back from an injury in 2004. Definitely cheated but I don’t lump him in with Clemens et al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Betts has been 0 or 1-4 all year it seems like . Biz won’t admit it but I predicted his decline after his first child and here we are.

That would mean he’s hitting under .250, but he’s not. He’s in top 10 in AL WAR and will finish top 5 in MVP voting again

Biz wants to trade him at the deadline

I love Betts. But have to believe he’s going to leave for monster contract. If so, I’d rather get a bunch of prospects for him especially if we are out of it. That being said, right now I think we are the best team in AL East. Record doesn’t show it thanks to bad start and 9 blown saves. But with out starters and Nasty Nate coming back, I could see a 20-5 run in the near future.

He is. Rings. Lots of them. He used HGH to get back from an injury in 2004. Definitely cheated but I don’t lump him in with Clemens et al

He’s also one of 72 players to have a spot in monument park

On 4/24/2019 at 11:31 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Given the early March opener, we are about a month into the season. It’s been a debacle for the Sox but nobody has buried us yet. But let’s take a look at the prediction.

1. Brasier appears to have won the closer by committee role and has 6 saves. 4 more to go and I’m a winner

2. Betts bad start but turning it on. He’s not dead yet.

3. CC getting shelled tonight. Has 1 win, needs 12 more!

4. All Rise! Big tree fall hard. On DL for long stints in 3 out of 4 seasons. This looks like easy win for me

5. The Sanchize! Cursed by Marc’s butt fumble. Currently at .256, so a little close for my liking but we’ll see if he can keep it up.

6. Benny with a few assists already, I think he gets his GG.

7. E Rod 2 to 1 over CC and this looks like a good one.

Right now I’m thinking 6-1, but Betts has 5 months to turn it on and give me a perfect 7 for 7.

I’ll check back in after another month

Alright, it's June 3rd. Time to check in on the February predictions.

1. Brasier now sucks and is still stuck on 6 saves. Sox overall have 9 blown saves i think, so maybe he gets a chance again? he still needs 4 more to make a winner. Doesn't look promising.

2. Betts is 7th in AL WAR and hasn't gotten hot yet. I still think he finishes top 6 in AL MVP for 4th consecutive season. And also wins 4th consecutive gold glove 

3. Crooked Cap Sabathia is battling bloating issues and has 3 wins. He needs 10 wins to make me wrong.

4. ALL RISE! He would have to go on a historic run to go from 5 homers to 48 homers this season.

5. Gary showing a lot of pop and at .267. I need a cold streak from him to safely stay under .275

6. Benny struggling badly at the plate, so I wonder if this will play a role in the Gold Glove voting. I hope not, but you never know.

7. E Rod 5 to 3 over CC and pitches tuesday vs Royals so hopefully takes a 6-3 lead.

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Alright, it's June 3rd. Time to check in on the February predictions.

1. Brasier now sucks and is still stuck on 6 saves. Sox overall have 9 blown saves i think, so maybe he gets a chance again? he still needs 4 more to make a winner. Doesn't look promising.

2. Betts is 7th in AL WAR and hasn't gotten hot yet. I still think he finishes top 6 in AL MVP for 4th consecutive season. And also wins 4th consecutive gold glove 

3. Crooked Cap Sabathia is battling bloating issues and has 3 wins. He needs 10 wins to make me wrong.

4. ALL RISE! He would have to go on a historic run to go from 5 homers to 48 homers this season.

5. Gary showing a lot of pop and at .267. I need a cold streak from him to safely stay under .275

6. Benny struggling badly at the plate, so I wonder if this will play a role in the Gold Glove voting. I hope not, but you never know.

7. E Rod 5 to 3 over CC and pitches tuesday vs Royals so hopefully takes a 6-3 lead.

Nice footnote on El Gary lol. WHAT A BEAST! Plus defender too. DWAR dont lie

Nice footnote on El Gary lol. WHAT A BEAST! Plus defender too. DWAR dont lie

2 years ago I said he was the yanks best hitter. Better than judge. Last year must have been injury holding him back.

Edit: checked DWAR and Sanchez is 0.3 (16th best in MLB). Behind Vasquez and 15 other catchers. 8 errors don’t help. Nobody else is anywhere close to that

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

2 years ago I said he was the yanks best hitter. Better than judge. Last year must have been injury holding him back.

Edit: checked DWAR and Sanchez is 0.3 (16th best in MLB). Behind Vasquez and 15 other catchers. 8 errors don’t help. Nobody else is anywhere close to that

Hes 1/10th of a pt behind Vasquez, Realmuto is the only catcher with significant DWAR anyway. The past balls have dried up, he has the cannon. He doesnt always run hard but I dont want him too anyway, hes a catcher. Its demanding enough. 

• Like 1

Hes 1/10th of a pt behind Vasquez, Realmuto is the only catcher with significant DWAR anyway. The past balls have dried up, he has the cannon. He doesnt always run hard but I dont want him too anyway, hes a catcher. Its demanding enough. 

Don’t forget Vasquez has also played 2B this year lol. Maybe 1B too

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I love Betts. But have to believe he’s going to leave for monster contract. If so, I’d rather get a bunch of prospects for him especially if we are out of it. That being said, right now I think we are the best team in AL East. Record doesn’t show it thanks to bad start and 9 blown saves. But with out starters and Nasty Nate coming back, I could see a 20-5 run in the near future.

Your smoking your shares 

Yanks 9.5 game lead over Sox just shrunk to 6.5 in only 3 days. Sale ERA now under 4, and we haven’t even gotten hot yet.

LOOKOUT!

Edit: what a gem by Sale. 3 hit Complete Game Shutout. No walks, 12K. And in 8th inning had the "immaculate inning"- 9 pitches, 9 strikes, 3 strikeouts.

• Like 1