Stepson just departed for Parris Island

Jdubs

Hard to put into words how proud I am/we are of his decision.  After a false start on leaving last week and plane cancellations yesterday, he finally swore his Oath this morning and just took off for Parris Island with 5 other recruits.  His mother is sure to be a wreck for the next 13 weeks, lol.  Completing boot camp is no easy task, but I fully believe that he will emerge on the other side as a new man and great Marine!  God Bless all of them!!!

On a side note, the Captain John J. McKenna, IV Military Courtesy Room at Albany Airport is an outstanding place for military personnel and their families to relax and watch the planes take off and land.  A portion of a beam from the Twin Towers stands as a somber reminder to all of what it means for our military men and women to protect and defend our great nation.

20190226_110318.jpg

20190226_145126.jpg

20190226_145040.jpg

• Like 18

2 hours ago, avg. joe said:

Feel proud! I've been through it 4 times with the family (2 daughters - USAF, 1 daughter - Army, 1 son - Army). Was proud of each. The Service makes them a person you would never think they would be. Thank you and your son!

No adequate words here.  Simply awesome!  Thank you to you and your entire family for their service. :good:

It's only been 5 days since he left, but today we just caught our first glimpse of him in pictures posted to one of the closed fb groups!  I showed the pic to his mother and said, "This looks him, what do you..."  She immediately burst into tears of joy.  That's what you call "100% confirmation". :good:

• Like 1

It's only been 5 days since he left, but today we just caught our first glimpse of him in pictures posted to one of the closed fb groups!  I showed the pic to his mother and said, "This looks him, what do you..."  She immediately burst into tears of joy.  That's what you call "100% confirmation". :good:
FB ??? Crazy ! Cool that you get to see his journey. Give it a few weeks and then you will start to see the transformation into one of this nation's ELITE.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

FB ??? Crazy ! Cool that you get to see his journey. Give it a few weeks and then you will start to see the transformation into one of this nation's ELITE.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

There are multiple closed fb groups, including one for his company.  These resources have been invaluable to us!  And I completely agree that boot camp will transform him into a whole new man. :good: