New bill / no more tournaments.

TreeGuy

Ridiculous.

Do they not understand how many children are introduced to fishing through local fishing derbys that volunteer organizations pour their time and sweat in to.

Not to mention so many small sporting clubs and npo's rely on these types of events as annual fundraisers. This would be the final nail in a half closed coffin for my fishing club, annual dues for our property simply cover general maintenance and provide very little to nothing that can go back in to the community.

Just another roadblock which makes it difficult to usher in the next generation, the would be stewards of our sports.

• Like 5

Between this and the gun raffle legislation ł imagine most all small scale hunting and fishing organizations will find themselves between a very big rock and a hard place financially. 

This pair would cease the most lucrative fundraisers for such clubs and organizations. 

Very bad. :bad:

• Sad 1

Ridiculous.
Do they not understand how many children are introduced to fishing through local fishing derbys that volunteer organizations pour their time and sweat in to.
Not to mention so many small sporting clubs and npo's rely on these types of events as annual fundraisers. This would be the final nail in a half closed coffin for my fishing club, annual dues for our property simply cover general maintenance and provide very little to nothing that can go back in to the community.
Just another roadblock which makes it difficult to usher in the next generation, the would be stewards of our sports.

I think they do realize and that’s why they are introducing these bills. The know attacking the 2nd amendment is an uphill battle so instead they are trying to pass laws that will hurt and limit our use of guns ultimately leading to fewer and fewer gun owners over the next decade or more. They are playing the long game on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

I think they do realize and that’s why they are introducing these bills. The know attacking the 2nd amendment is an uphill battle so instead they are trying to pass laws that will hurt and limit our use of guns ultimately leading to fewer and fewer gun owners over the next decade or more. They are playing the long game on us.

They keep F#$%ing around and they might see more "use" than they expect

• Like 4

I dont understand the reasoning/purpose behind this proposed legislation - seriously.

It’s very confusing and poorly written. It states you can’t do them but then states if an animal is injured during a contest it must be treated by a facility. I’m shortening what’s written of course but that’s how I read it.

4 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

It’s very confusing and poorly written. It states you can’t do them but then states if an animal is injured during a contest it must be treated by a facility. I’m shortening what’s written of course but that’s how I read it.

I read the legislation - I don't understand what the sponsor is trying to accomplish, protecting fish that can be otherwise fished and killed or coyotes that can be otherwise hunted - ie legal conduct made illegal in the context of a competition.  Its ridiculous. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I read the legislation - I don't understand what the sponsor is trying to accomplish, protecting fish that can be otherwise fished and killed or coyotes that can be otherwise hunted - ie legal conduct made illegal in the context of a competition.  Its ridiculous. 

its like banning a pie eating contest , when you can buy and eat pies whenever.......... ridiculous

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I have always felt that it is a bad idea to have publicly promoted contests pertaining to hunting because of the way it would be viewed by the animal rights groups and portrayed by them at every turn to the non hunting public who outnumber us by a huge margin. The non hunting public does not have the same mindset or knowledge as hunters and get fed info that such events are nothing more than wanton killing of innocent animals, even though by law it is perfectly legal just to win a some prize or trophy at the expense of animal's life . Not good public relations for hunters.

Fishing has had somewhat of a pass because it is catch, keep alive and release back into the water after weigh in, but there are still those that would shut it down if they could.

Al 

Al, there are countries where catch and release fishing is illegal, as they feel catching them for a purpose other then for food is wrong .  Not  that I agree or support that , but I do understand that thought .

Cant win either way .

38 minutes ago, airedale said:

Fishing has had somewhat of a pass because it is catch, keep alive and release back into the water after weigh in, but there are still those that would shut it down if they could.

Al 

There are a lot of fishing tournaments that aren't catch and release. These clowns are all nuts. 

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

^- This.

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

They keep F#$%ing around and they might see more "use" than they expect

^- This.

I said not long ago, they are learning full gun bans aren't going to happen, so they are taking side roads to get to their destination. Chipping away at the 2A, crap like this, the now '30 Day Holding Possability' laws, and the 'No More Gun Raffles'.

In 30 years this state will be the most unbearable to state to live in ( maybe less, it's pretty hard to live here right now ).

• Like 1

That means there might not be a 2019HuntingNY whitetail challenge.    I doubt they will get it passed soon enough to stop it this year but it might get done by November of 2020. 

I can't see where it includes fishing.  It looks to me like it is just aimed at hunting.   I was never a big fan of catch and release fishing.  I see that as mostly the senseless maiming of a fine food supply.  Killing and eating is where it is at.            

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I dont understand the reasoning/purpose behind this proposed legislation - seriously.

To be brutally honest, and a bit cynical; they simply can't stand the fact that someone might have fun doing something they themselves can't or don't do. On a beach in California it might be throwing and catching a Frisbee. In NYS it's hunting and fishing, which is a big part of why most of us even stay here.:rolleyes:

Stop thinking about the reasons for stupid legislation. It boils down to the desire to control the citizens. Nothing more and nothing less.

• Like 4

That means there might not be a 2019HuntingNY whitetail challenge.    I doubt they will get it passed soon enough to stop it this year but it might get done by November of 2020. 
I can't see where it includes fishing.  It looks to me like it is just aimed at hunting.   I was never a big fan of catch and release fishing.  I see that as mostly the senseless maiming of a fine food supply.  Killing and eating is where it is at.            
Senseless maiming.... Says the guy who shoots deer in the a$$.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hopefully the voters of New York State who elected these do nothing politicians realize all this legislative nonsense will NOT:

Reduce high taxes, high crime, the opiod crisis, the failed public schools, the failed correction system that releases violent people back into public, the failed welfare system that is enable people to be non-productive and the broken infrastructure (roads, bridges, water lines, etc.).

• Like 1