Runnings in wny

Robhuntandfish

3 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

What kind of products do they carry ? 

Cabelas here blows.  Unless you want jerky , hot sauce or candles. 

They are a tractor supply plus and maybe a little Gander mountain. There is one 20 minutes from me and I drive by for tractor supply

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not as comprehensive on the outdoors stuff.  Its decent, but I suspect for hunting and fishing, you will find more at cabelas.

44 minutes ago, Cory said:

We need a herb phillipson in the buffalo area that store is awesome!

They used to be....I live in the Syracuse area, and I feel the store has had a slow decline since the new owners took over.  It sucks, because I used to love that store, and the last few times i've been there it was underwhelming!

Runnings and Gander Outdoors are now my two go-to stores.

Edited by loworange88
  • Like 1

Runnings is a home/ag/outdoor/trade/lifestyle store. I find their prices to be pretty high - but their trade-off is strong product selection all in one store. For example, they usually have a few racks of Sitka gear, they sell high end brands for bows and firearms, quality tool names, and so on. Yet they also have local sourced goods - we bought some chicks from there this past Spring.

I'm very price conscious (not cheap, but just wired to find the best pricing), yet I find myself enjoying that store even knowing I'll pay more than I would elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

has a good selection of guns there - rifles and pistols.  Lots of fishing gear.  The hunting clothing seems a bit high price - but found guns and xbow ofter $100 cheaper than bass pro - (looked at a ruger 06 - $449 bass pro - $359 at runnings).  They have a whole aisle of sodas that you can buy in singles which is kinda neat for kids - all different kinds -the kids can keep up with you on micro brew selections!   Also sell TSC type of farm stuff. Ive bought a rifle and my xbow there.  They have a good stock of ammo as well. Lots of pet stuff. Just like goosifer said a mix of those three. 

I go to bass pro a lot of times for some fishing tackle or to look/handle stuff as they have a big selection but then end up getting it at runnings or online for cheaper. 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

There is one in Gloversville. I've made the trip up there a few times. 

Yea I know, I'm just never out that way. I keep hoping they or of the like move into the old Kmart in Latham 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cory said:

We need a herb phillipson in the buffalo area that store is awesome!

Herbs is in bad shape right now.  They claimed bankruptcy but are still open - but the one in Oneida is downsizing, heard they closed the Dewitt store and they have hardly any inventory right now.  Hope they turn it around - always liked this store and there is one 2 minutes from my office.  And some good folks work there as well 

I go to the runnings in gloverville everytime I go up to my house.They have all kinds of useful stuff.I needed a #0 foot hold trap a guy in tractor supply said if runnings doesn't have them no one around here does.They had them plus a isle of trapping supply's.Also a good supply of candy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

There is a RUNNINGS store in Canandaigua . 

I was at that Runnings Store 4-5 years ago the day before Opening Day of gun season, frantically looking for a new pair of quality pac boots.  I passed on their offerings and only spent a short time in there so am looking forward to the new store in Lockport. 

Another option never hurts..........Johnson's, Tractor Supply and The Outdoor Store will have to sharpen their pencils and mop their floors. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I was at that Runnings Store 4-5 years ago the day before Opening Day of gun season, frantically looking for a new pair of quality pac boots.  I passed on their offerings and only spent a short time in there so am looking forward to the new store in Lockport. 

Another option never hurts..........Johnson's, Tractor Supply and The Outdoor Store will have to sharpen their pencils and mop their floors. :)

Awsome move, I like the location because it is a nice short drive.  I won't need to cross the border to Bass Pro in Niagara on the Lake any more.  The last few years, I have been able to tolerate that more than dealing with the big blue watertower traffic BS to get to Cabelas.       

Yea Herbs in Liverpool in CNY used to be a great store, they got nothing now and look like the are closing. Runnings has a nice store, some stuff seems high others not so bad. They have a lot of different stuff that is for sure. I don't shop Pricks anymore and with Herbs closing Runnings is a ray of light and my go to store if I need it now. I go to Bass out towards Auburn and always leave pissed due to prices and all my gift cards still in my pocket!!