Baby #2 and Firearm Storage Needs

DanD

Found out yesterday that baby #2 will be another boy :) . Given I currently only have 7 gun cabinet with only 1 open slot, I need to expand my storage as I anticipate at least a few new firearm additions (smaller rifles - 22-250, 243, etc.). Appreciate any thoughts on a reasonable (weight/cost) gun safe that will hold at least 10-12 long guns. 

• Like 1

you probably have some time still. My oldest is 6 and he still doesn't have "his gun". All that aside, I think I'd opt to buy an additional safe instead of a bigger one. Those big boys are a nightmare to move. Even my 7 gun has been a beast when we moved a few times. Maybe putting one with the collectibles/infrequently used guns in the basement and the other more accessible or something? idk just a thought. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Since the safe act I moved away from wall racks and gun display cases and went to safes. I did not go crazy expensive and heavy because I know a determined thief with an assortment of cheap cordless power tools can defeat most home safes fairly easy. I want to keep my stuff from amateur thieves who are the ones most likely to break into a home and take advantage of an easy opportunity.

I went with several Sentinel Safes and put them in a lockable closet, they are all in a row bolted to the floor & wall and to each other. While they can be broken into it will not be easy and will keep most thieves out if they are lucky enough to get by me and my dogs first, as I said before the pros will get into anything. 

The Sentinels are priced reasonable and will work well for what you are looking to do.

2019-03-29_083434.png

Edited by airedale