goosifer

Anyone familiar with the Kimber Hunter 6.5mm Creedmoor rifle?

Yep hornady eld x 143g are touted as being very accurate.  

My ar in 6.5 loves loves loves the eldx... if you want to step up from the standard hornady black hills makes a round using the eldx bulket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Get a vortex viper pst, you can’t ask for a better scope for than gun. You get a lot for the money with that scope... if your into long range at all that is

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Get a vortex viper pst, you can’t ask for a better scope for than gun. You get a lot for the money with that scope... if your into long range at all that is

I need to figure out the difference between the vortex Viper vhs and the vortex viper pst. I am used to BDC style scopes

On 3/1/2019 at 9:07 PM, moog5050 said:

If you plan to reach out there even if only for fun occasionally, the vortex Viper vhs series has a BDC reticle that is very easy to calculate aim points based on subtensiom.   In fact, I ran the eld x numbers on it and each point below the crosshairs was just about 100yds farther.  Very easy to remember.   

Moog, I can't find the vhs flavor Viper scope. I found PST, HST and HS. The HS has a Dead-Hold BDC (MOA). That one has the subtension increments you sent me. Is that the one you suggest for me? I think it's a good fit. The other one's have fancier reticles, but I'm no sniper.

7 hours ago, goosifer said:

Moog, I can't find the vhs flavor Viper scope. I found PST, HST and HS. The HS has a Dead-Hold BDC (MOA). That one has the subtension increments you sent me. Is that the one you suggest for me? I think it's a good fit. The other one's have fancier reticles, but I'm no sniper.

Yes.  Sorry.   HS not VHS.  

• Like 1

Yes.  Sorry.   HS not VHS.  

I hear VHS is what Pygmy still use to watch adult films

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Yeah, I watched " Sally's Strange Vacation"  last night for the 417th time.....<<grin>>……..

When Pygmy was a young man, the Dead Sea was only sick

• Like 1

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

I officially own the Kimber Hunter. Did the FFL transfer at Gander Outdoors, as that was most convenient location for the seller. Was quoted $30 fee over the phone, but was charged only $10. I didn't argue. They had the scope I wanted on sale for $474.99 with the Good Sam card, the Vortex Viper HS 4-16X44 Dead-Hold BDC. They only had the display one, and I ran out of time as I was late for an appointment, so I didn't buy it. I looked to buy it online, but they only had the lower magnification model. So I started poking around the internet and found a too good to be true deal on the discontinued Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16X44 Dead-Hold BDC for $419.99 shipped, no tax, from scheels.com. Not sure if there is any real additional benefit with the LR model for me, but it was cheaper than the plain HS, so what the heck. If anyone is interested, the link is here

I still need to figure out what size (height) rings I should get, and what kind of rail mount to attach the rings to the rifle. I will call Vortex and or Kimber on those issues. If anyone has any input on rings or rail, fire away.

• Like 1

I officially own the Kimber Hunter. Did the FFL transfer at Gander Outdoors, as that was most convenient location for the seller. Was quoted $30 fee over the phone, but was charged only $10. I didn't argue. They had the scope I wanted on sale for $474.99 with the Good Sam card, the Vortex Viper HS 4-16X44 Dead-Hold BDC. They only had the display one, and I ran out of time as I was late for an appointment, so I didn't buy it. I looked to buy it online, but they only had the lower magnification model. So I started poking around the internet and found a too good to be true deal on the discontinued Vortex Viper HS LR 4-16X44 Dead-Hold BDC for $419.99 shipped, no tax, from scheels.com. Not sure if there is any real additional benefit with the LR model for me, but it was cheaper than the plain HS, so what the heck. If anyone is interested, the link is here
I still need to figure out what size (height) rings I should get, and what kind of rail mount to attach the rings to the rifle. I will call Vortex and or Kimber on those issues. If anyone has any input on rings or rail, fire away.

Get the lowest rings you are comfortable with

4 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

Get the lowest rings you are comfortable with

Well, factoring in for the double chin, probably should go with the mediums.

Edited by goosifer
  • Like 1

Well, factoring in for the double chin, probably should go with the mediums.
Careful, you could get banned for mockery.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk