Back in the day

Water Rat

aVMLVXy_700b_v1.thumb.jpg.39af7010afc326d539e6165f5932a135.jpg

Interesting one- I honestly don’t know what would happen to a kid today if they actually were in a fist fight. Nothing crazy- just two kids disagree; fight with bare knuckle only; and it ends after one gets knocked down- no extra kicks etc. will parents calm the cops? Press charges(for what?)? Sue?
So many small issues stay unresolved as a result of kids not being able to ”figure it out.” And when it comes to a head, they them just turn to their folks to fix it. Strange days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting one- I honestly don’t know what would happen to a kid today if they actually were in a fist fight. Nothing crazy- just two kids disagree; fight with bare knuckle only; and it ends after one gets knocked down- no extra kicks etc. will parents calm the cops? Press charges(for what?)? Sue?
So many small issues stay unresolved as a result of kids not being able to ”figure it out.” And when it comes to a head, they them just turn to their folks to fix it. Strange days

Or the kid keeps it pent up until they 1, step in front of a bus or 2, walk in strapped like rambo... it does make for a very sad state of affairs....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, crappyice said:

The loser comes back later with 10 of his friends and catch the winner when he isn't looking.  Fights now a days are rarely one on one.

On 3/2/2019 at 9:46 PM, Lawdwaz said:

Remember the smell of "copies" right off the Xerox machine?  That purple-ish colored ink and that awesome smell??

That's going back 50 years to elementary school.  (funny thing, I spelled "elementary" school wrong and spell check showed me. Probably the fumes from that ink monkied up my brain?)

The ditto machine , teachers used to reserve blocks of time to get on the ditto machine I remember.

On 3/2/2019 at 8:34 PM, crappyice said:

Mine was for Intellivision...parents wouldn’t spend the big bucks for Atari or even Collecovision(so?)

You kidding?? Intellivision was way better and more expensive, but everyone had Atari so it sucked anyway lol. Pitfall was the greatest game ever

15 hours ago, crappyice said:

Some kids can still scrap.

• Like 1

Ok.. you got me.  I'm pushing 57 and do not know what this is.... a little help please?

Old cable box...if you pushed down the right combo of buttons and played with the switchy-thingy, you could get the playboy channel...from what I heard!?!?

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Old cable box...if you pushed down the right combo of buttons and played with the switchy-thingy, you could get the playboy channel...from what I heard!?!?

I remember the box but did not know about the playboy channel thing. I was so young when those around I probably would have cried if I saw the playboy channel.

12 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Pygmy would know ..........

• Like 1

Engine engine number 9 going down Chicago line ,if the train falls off the track ,do you want your money back. 

Bubble gum bubble gum in a dish ,how many pieces do you wish.

My mother and your mother were hanging up clothes ,my mother punched your mother right in the nose ,what color was the blood.

• Like 1

The best was Launching the Barbie motorhome and van off the stairs boy did they come apart!  (I had a twin sister,) sometimes braking her toys was more fun than playing with Evel Knievel!     Use to have track fights with the hot wheels  tracks, broke a few light switches with that, lucky we did not loose an eye!

• Like 1

Some kids can still scrap.

And there’s the problem....someone takes video, posts it up and EVERYONE knows so revenge is imminent or consequences are coming. When we fought as kids, it was over —-first rule of fight club baby!!!

Clackers would shatter and kids were getting hit with the flying shards of resin. I think a couple of kids were blinded.

If you twisted the rings from two sets together they made a pretty good set of bolos. I used to give my sister a :30 sec start then take her down in the backyard.

• Like 1