From this to this ....

Nomad

Got back from FLA today, one month there mid 80’s every day, visited or had stay with us , 22 people and couldn’t fit others in . Way to short next year will be longer, May buy a place . Drove home today from a friends house on the NC/ SC border , love those roads you can do 80 for hours . Stopped at a rest area it was 50 degrees our dog was shivering lol .

576E732A-6D45-422F-B187-402477225C82.png

DE6B5556-6659-4D19-9EB9-D5069815DE20.jpeg

• Like 3

Case mini Copper lock , see the weed in my mouth ? I cut it and set knife on my chest . No idea but that’s what it feels like back here now .

That little folder is nice, sharp and has that outdoorsman look that makes me happy , doesn’t scare the sheeple either .

4 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

I though the Mrs. was tickling you with that little weed. :)

I like the knife..........

Shoot, she would be more inclined to stab me with the knife ,if she didn’t need me to drive at night .....

• Haha 2

My parents started that way. Go for a few weeks. That turned into a few months and buying a place. Now they go for 6 months plus a day to be considered residents and are on their fourth place they have owned. Each being a little bigger and nicer. My mother was telling me the place they are in now is worth 50-70k more now than when they bought it about 5 years ago. My father has his garage full of his old man toys, a Corvette, a motorcycle and a bombardier three wheeler, plus a kayak and regular pedal bikes. They love it down there.

3 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

That's cool taking your dog with you

No choice . He really set the whole tone for the trip,though . At home he’s good for 8-10 hours with us gone , down there about six plus . He peed four times, inside , luckily all tile . He was drinking a ton more water, so I made sure to walk him right before we left , and only left him an inch of water in his bowl, that helped but he would be in the front window barking a lot while we were gone , lucky again no close neighbors . One reason we chose that house .

We couldn’t go to far to visit folks ,or stay all day out doing things , we knew this going in, but it did suck at times .

we did overnights at friends and family down there , but everyone had to be ok with the dog, and you’d worry while out .

All in all it worked out ok, but we wish we got a dog a few years earlier , so we’d be dogless now .

We got lucky I guess, sliding door open every night zero bugs, no wildlife around but a turtle ,at least that we saw.

My sisters house ( pic ) they got a rabbit around that’s about it .

0883D89D-ABD9-4725-98EC-5100C2FE816E.png

Edited by Stay at home Nomad
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

No choice . He really set the whole tone for the trip,though . At home he’s good for 8-10 hours with us gone , down there about six plus . He peed four times, inside , luckily all tile . He was drinking a ton more water, so I made sure to walk him right before we left , and only left him an inch of water in his bowl, that helped but he would be in the front window barking a lot while we were gone , lucky again no close neighbors . One reason we chose that house .

We couldn’t go to far to visit folks ,or stay all day out doing things , we knew this going in, but it did suck at times .

we did overnights at friends and family down there , but everyone had to be ok with the dog, and you’d worry while out .

All in all it worked out ok, but we wish we got a dog a few years earlier , so we’d be dogless now .

We got lucky I guess, sliding door open every night zero bugs, no wildlife around but a turtle ,at least that we saw.

My sisters house ( pic ) they got a rabbit around that’s about it .

0883D89D-ABD9-4725-98EC-5100C2FE816E.png

I bet he enjoyed his trip with you, way better than the kennel. I like taking my dog with me.