Jerkman's Icelandic Adventures

Marion

Here's some pictures from the Icelandic Phalological Institute from our last trip to Iceland from a few years ago. I believe those were nutsack lamps pretty sure those were from a bull if I'm not mistaken. Highly recommend checking out the museum. It's good for a lifetime of laughter. Place is so ridiculous. Can't wait to go back again at the tail end of the trip.20160911_142841.thumb.jpeg.1406e62b67d17f63585039de3f066419.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Very disappointing! All the most delicious meats are not allowed. Whale, horse, seal

To bad what about Surströmming The rotten fish stuff Or is that only in Sweden .

Edited by Storm914
  • Haha 1

To bad what about Surströmming The rotten fish stuff Or is that only in Sweden .

I do enjoy some hakarl. It's fermented shark. Ferments for 6 months to make it edible. Can clear out a thousand square foot room just by opening the container. Instant gag makes you want to puke but if you can get past the stank it's actually quite good

• Like 1

I do enjoy some hakarl. It's fermented shark. Ferments for 6 months to make it edible. Can clear out a thousand square foot room just by opening the container. Instant gag makes you want to puke but if you can get past the stank it's actually quite good

Sounds like the hookers crappy was taking about the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Just now, The Jerkman said:

Ok I new they had there own version of that I think in Sweden they use herring  but same basic  process .

Two friends who are chefs love Iceland...a lot of fish and game meat. When I was last in Newfoundland, I was very disappointed when I found out my guide would have been happy to bring some seal meat if he knew we would have eaten it. Specifically it is the fins/ shoulders they like. 

Seal Flipper Pie is good. Fish and Brewis is my favourite Newfie meal - salt cod and pork fat over hard tack. My wife throws in extra cod tongues and cheeks.

Iceland is an otherwordly seduction. One day, as were driving to a glacier field, my wife turned to me and said that if a giant stepped over the hill in front of us she wouldn't bat an eye. I completely understood.

• Like 1

Seal Flipper Pie is good. Fish and Brewis is my favourite Newfie meal - salt cod and pork fat over hard tack. My wife throws in extra cod tongues and cheeks.
Iceland is an otherwordly seduction. One day, as were driving to a glacier field, my wife turned to me and said that if a giant stepped over the hill in front of us she wouldn't bat an eye. I completely understood.
Don't forget the elves that roam about