Blue Book Value for a Nylon 66

A good find Dan, over on "Rimfire Central" the Remington Nylon 66 has a fanatical cult following, the rifle is a classic and Hall Of Fame rifle in my opinion.

I made a post a few years ago about my green stocked Nylon 77 which is the clip fed version, used it for Coon hunting many many years and it took some beating during that time, it held up well and still looks good and never skipped a beat when it came to the moment of truth.

Al

002_zpsatogovtr.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dinsdale said:

2 recently sold on forum classified at places you both know for 350(vg) and  440 (mint/box)

No sales commission due on the "other" site of course and not near the views as GB but all good.  Neat guns!

5 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Oh I lusted for one in the 70's too.  I can still picture the ads in Outdoor Life and other rags.  I had to suffer with my 2nd hand Winchester 69A and a measly 5 shot magazine. :)

Larry, I had a Win 69A also..My first rifle that was truly my own...I wish I still had it....Killed 75 woodchucks in the summer of '66, and 65 of them were shot with the 69A, since 22 hollow points were  85 cents for a  box of 50, and my other chuck rifle, a Rem 722 in .222,  cost $3.15 for a box of 20...

The story on the Nylon 66....The Mermaid and I had breakfast with her son and DIL this morning,  and Sis mentioned that she liked shooting the " black and silver"  .22 that her EX used to own.... Her son said " I have it you want it " ...SO it came home with us, complete with a cheap Bushnell scope... It's her rifle and she is not interested in selling it...I just wondered what  it was worth...For sure I'll have to take it out and see how it shoots...Pretty cool little rifle and really in very good condition..

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’ve bought a few of those on Gunbroker, for an internet challenged friend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Does he buy them to collect them, or just to move them and make a few $$$ ??….

Mom had one... kept the squirrels out of the bird feeder.... I'm of view 'it's worth what someone will give you for it', that being said, gun broker listing with actual bids is about what it's worth. If I could actually get what blue book was on what in my case, I would retire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tuckersdaddy said:

Mom had one... kept the squirrels out of the bird feeder.... I'm of view 'it's worth what someone will give you for it', that being said, gun broker listing with actual bids is about what it's worth. If I could actually get what blue book was on what in my case, I would retire.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I know what you mean, Tucker....Last time I checked a friend's Blue Book, it told me that my K98K was worth $1000 and my SMLE # 4 was worth $800....But try to GET that.!!...Hehehe...

• Like 1

I remember a Remington ad for the  N 66 from around 1960...It was a picture ( artist's depiction) of a fisherman on an Alaskan fishing boat who was aiming his Nylon 66 at a sea lion that was  interfereing with his fishing.....That would go over about like a fart in church today...

Of course, you must consider that in 1960, Alaska was still paying  a $50 bounty on bald eagles...My buddy, who lived in Juneau and worked many years as a commercial fisherman, called them " white headed buzzards"...Hehehe

• Like 1

2013 Blue Book 100%- 98% -95%-90%-80%-70%-60% 

Mohawk Brown $400-$350-$300-$260-$230-$200-$175

Black Diamond  $500- $450-$400-$350-$300-$260-$230

Apache Black     $575-$525-$450-$400-$350-$300-$260

My magazine fed 77 model with the green stock was made for KMart is only worth a couple of hundred. I prefer it over the stock tube feed models because I always carried it unloaded when Coon hunting for safety, too much tripping and falling running around at night in the woods for me to carry loaded. At the tree I would just slip in a magazine and was good to go.

Al

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Nylon 66, especially the black and chrome. One gun I've always wanted though is a Nylon 76, the only lever action Remington ever made. I believe they actually advertised it to be the fastest lever action ever produced because of the short throw of the lever, i could be wrong though.

• 2 years later...

When I was 12 I told my dad I wanted a good pellet gun. I had saved my lawn money and had my eye on a wood stocked Crosman pump .22. He told me to find a good .22 , that, “it will be with you for the rest of your life”.  So yes I researched, saw the adds, wood blocks, 100,000 rounds fired at them without a jam or a miss, an ad of a trapper checking his line in freezing rain. That’s all it took, I purchased a Remington Nylon 66 in Mohawk Brown ! Dad was right ! I have plinked, squirrel and critter hunted, shot target, & rapid fired thousands of rounds. No matter how much crud gathered, the metal on nylon never need oil ! I just turned 69 two weeks ago and my .22 will someday be left to my grandson. To find a rifle like that today would be a real treasure ! Grandpa Dave

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Woodbeaver said:

When I was 12 I told my dad I wanted a good pellet gun. I had saved my lawn money and had my eye on a wood stocked Crosman pump .22. He told me to find a good .22 , that, “it will be with you for the rest of your life”.  So yes I researched, saw the adds, wood blocks, 100,000 rounds fired at them without a jam or a miss, an ad of a trapper checking his line in freezing rain. That’s all it took, I purchased a Remington Nylon 66 in Mohawk Brown ! Dad was right ! I have plinked, squirrel and critter hunted, shot target, & rapid fired thousands of rounds. No matter how much crud gathered, the metal on nylon never need oil ! I just turned 69 two weeks ago and my .22 will someday be left to my grandson. To find a rifle like that today would be a real treasure ! Grandpa Dave

First post and just joined and FYI this is a 2yr old thread. Welcome...