Personal attacks

WNYBuckHunter

32 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

What about food can we joke about what  sandwich someone posts  for dinner  or is that also considered a personal attack ?   Like for example  someone says  That food looks like blank . Personal attack or harmless joke ?

You do like walking the razor's edge.      :rolleyes:

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Why not suspend EVERYBODY for a week so we ALL know what a valuable site this is and quit the BS with each other ?

This might be personal attacks, but here why this won't work:

Papist would die if he couln't spread his brand of cheer and happiness about politics with the world. Hence, his minions would crumble as well.

TF would end up in an asylum because he couldn't post about beer.

Many would not come back, they would spend the week planning GTG's every other day and never type again.

Bill would go spent too much time on "woods roads" during the down time and come back with so many stories the site would over load and crash.

There would be a full on site wide GTG because no one would have read anything I posted.

Storm would have no one to hide from.

Knowing we were locked out, our wives and g/f's would create accounts, and some of you would become single after they read the cracks some make.

WARNING! THE ABOVE COMMENT IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE! NOTHING MORE! WARNING!

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 3

Good point rob makes above 

What about if  we put a disclaimer like the one below ?

Before making pastrami sandwich jokes ? 

No good ?

So nobody takes the joke  the  wrong way .

WARNING ! THE ABOVE COMMENT IS MEANT TO BE A JOKE! NOTHING MORE! WARNING!

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

No good ?

UGH! There was no point to be made. It was a joke! My edit was a spelling error. Storm, why can't you just stop?

I apologize for making a joke! Perhaps this thread would have been more definitive and pronounced if it was locked up and made detrimental.

Edited by Rob...
  • Like 1

On 3/6/2019 at 3:24 PM, Storm914 said:

What about food can we joke about what  sandwich someone posts  for dinner  or is that also considered a personal attack ?   Like for example  someone says  That food looks like blank . Personal attack or harmless joke ?

Feel free to test me ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is hilarious that certain posters are blocking folks in a thread that they themselves precipitated by their own bad behavior. This is an observation and not a personal attack. No persons were named or maimed in this post.

Boomer self awareness at zero % 

Edited by The_Field_Ager

9 minutes ago, The_Field_Ager said:

It is hilarious that certain posters are blocking folks in thread that they precipitated by their own bad behavior. This is an observation and not a personal attack. No persons were named or maimed in this post.

Funny you find this "hilarious".  I guess that says loads about your sense of humor.......

Like Pap's says, "this is clearly an observation, not a personal attack".

• Haha 1

For the record I like all you guys even the ones who blocked me  . And to get along I'm not posting as much as I would  like to out of respect. I don't really want to be the center of attention here, I would rather not be frankly especially if people  are going to get mad at me for it . 

• Like 2

For the record I like all you guys even the ones who blocked me  . And to get along I'm not posting as much as I would  like to out of respect. I don't really want to be the center of attention here, I would rather not be frankly especially if people  are going to get mad at me for it . 

Even me? I just have to ask since you said “all”....fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Even me? I just have to ask since you said “all”....fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes !! Even you just don't make me your human  punching bag please is all  I ask.  A little  poking  I don't mind but don't get carried away like has  happened the past few days  :)

Edited by Storm914

On 3/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, Storm914 said:

No good ?

^ still just doesn't "get it"

13 hours ago, The_Field_Ager said:

It is hilarious that certain posters are blocking folks in a thread that they themselves precipitated by their own bad behavior. This is an observation and not a personal attack. No persons were named or maimed in this post.

it's clearly a move by the liberal elite to oppress the cisgender caucasian male in an attempt to further the islamic agenda

10 hours ago, nybuckboy said:

This attacking is just so common on all forums today. It's disrespectful and childish.  Bullies behind their keyboard. It really takes all the fun out of being on any forum.  

I've said this before, but this place is very, very mild. A few folks with thin skin that occasionally getting riled up isn't really that bad. Heck, the drama is entertaining to be honest. In my opinion the major rule that this forum needs to uphold is hunter shaming. A little light ribbing for those that can handle it and are willing is ok. But I hate to ever see hunters shame hunters for an ethical kill or an  honest mistake. I think this applies to "help I wounded one" topics as well. The mistake was made, and there's no reason to pile on when someone is clearly looking for advice. Small disclaimer, if they have a history of taking poor shots or making bad decisions, and even then. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Belo said:

I've said this before, but this place is very, very mild. A few folks with thin skin that occasionally getting riled up isn't really that bad. Heck, the drama is entertaining to be honest. In my opinion the major rule that this forum needs to uphold is hunter shaming. A little light ribbing for those that can handle it and are willing is ok. But I hate to ever see hunters shame hunters for an ethical kill or an  honest mistake. I think this applies to "help I wounded one" topics as well. The mistake was made, and there's no reason to pile on when someone is clearly looking for advice. Small disclaimer, if they have a history of taking poor shots or making bad decisions, and even then. 

I agree with this, but most of the ones that I have seen go sideways is when a post is made and then the OP cant take suggestions well or acts like they know all the answers. It's kind of like....why the hell did you post if you know it all...lol. 

• Like 5

Just now, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I agree with this, but most of the ones that I have seen go sideways is when a post is made and then the OP cant take suggestions well or acts like they know all the answers. It's kind of like....why the hell did you post if you know it all...lol. 

yeah that's true. I still think the point is worth making though. I believe 2 members were banned this season when chef shot that bb. 

• Like 1

No problem with a debate for me but I have zero tolerance for personal attacks, cheap shots and name calling under any circumstances. The Growalot episode on this board comes to mind, a black eye in my opinion, it was ugly and should have been nipped in the bud and this latest deal with Storm was heading fast in the same direction.

Al

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, airedale said:

No problem with a debate for me but I have zero tolerance for personal attacks, cheap shots and name calling under any circumstances. The Growalot episode on this board comes to mind, a black eye in my opinion, it was ugly and should have been nipped in the bud and this latest deal with Storm was heading fast in the same direction.

Al

neither of those members were/are innocent and had plenty of opportunity to just stop replying. The former got a huge pass from many because she was a female. 

7 minutes ago, Belo said:

I hate to ever see hunters shame hunters for an ethical kill or an  honest mistake. I think this applies to "help I wounded one" topics as well. The mistake was made, and there's no reason to pile on when someone is clearly looking for advice. Small disclaimer, if they have a history of taking poor shots or making bad decisions, and even then. 

I'm on board with this too. 

Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.  No hunter should ever be shamed for shooting a legal deer. Even a BB or doe fawn, if that is what the hunter chooses to shoot. It's all good. It's all hunting.

And who among us has never made a mistake or a bad shot? Anytime someone does either or, and asks for advice, after the fact. We should all do what we can to help, not ostresize and shame a fellow hunter. They surely feel bad enough as it is. No one will benefit from the mistake at this point, if no one helps. Most 'good' hunters, can and will learn more from their mistakes, than their successes. I know I do.

On an open forum, there will be many differing points of view. Some will contribute much, some will contribute nothing at all. It is up to each one of us to either take in, or throw out certain posts, and then just move along. Not always going to agree with everything, and everyone, all the time. This will make it much more enjoyable. I have learned much from some that I disagreed with!! It made me look at another point of view.

What I dislike most are the trolls, who only post for the attention they receive. Who add nothing to the group and clutter up topics of interest, with meaningless nonsense. Some will even seek negative attention just to get a response, because the response is still attention. This is the type I choose to ignore most of all. 

All just my opinion. Any similarities to members past or present, is totally coincidental.

• Like 6