Personal attacks

WNYBuckHunter

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Exactly my point!!!   there is a hierarchy here .  Well now I know lol  

Just checking :)

In all honesty Storm, I don't see a hierarchy. I do see that there are members that have been around for quite a while. Based on their knowledge, contribution and willingness to provide useful and accurate help, I have a huge amount of respect for them. To me and IMO respect is earned and not just given. Civility should be a baseline we all give and received to start. A variance from that is also earned in my book.  For what it is worth. I am only on my first cup of coffee. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, grampy said:

I'm on board with this too. 

Shoot what you like, like what you shoot.  No hunter should ever be shamed for shooting a legal deer. Even a BB or doe fawn, if that is what the hunter chooses to shoot. It's all good. It's all hunting.

And who among us has never made a mistake or a bad shot? Anytime someone does either or, and asks for advice, after the fact. We should all do what we can to help, not ostresize and shame a fellow hunter. They surely feel bad enough as it is. No one will benefit from the mistake at this point, if no one helps. Most 'good' hunters, can and will learn more from their mistakes, than their successes. I know I do.

On an open forum, there will be many differing points of view. Some will contribute much, some will contribute nothing at all. It is up to each one of us to either take in, or throw out certain posts, and then just move along. Not always going to agree with everything, and everyone, all the time. This will make it much more enjoyable. I have learned much from some that I disagreed with!! It made me look at another point of view.

I will further add that sharing of mistakes can help others. I've mentioned bad shots, rookie moves and poor hunting seasons I've had in an effort to help others. To then bring that story into a totally separate discussion because you don't like what the poster is currently talking about is also unwarranted. This happened recently to me by a guy who should know better and I'm glad the mods deleted it. 

1 minute ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

In all honesty Storm, I don't see a hierarchy. I do see that there are members that have been around for quite a while. Based on their knowledge, contribution and willingness to provide useful and accurate help, I have a huge amount of respect for them. To me and IMO respect is earned and not just given. Civility should be a baseline we all give and received to start. A variance from that is also earned in my book.  For what it is worth. I am only on my first cup of coffee. 

I  noticed there are  some guys  on here for years and they are getting constantly ,  tooled ,  By the same guys . And nothing seems to happen  to them Why is that then ? Obviously  a pecking order here . 

If you mean me  show me a example of what I said that was so bad ?  Or crazy talk ?Besides the occasional typo .

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I  noticed there are  some guys  on here for years and they are getting constantly ,  tooled ,  By the same guys . And nothing seems to happen  to them Why is that then ? Obviously  a pecking order here . 

If you mean me  show me a example of what I said that was so bad ?  Or crazy talk ?Besides the occasional typo .

That was a general statement Storm. NOT directed to you or your actions. Was merely having a conversation on what I see. I will say though that you assuming I was directing it to  you and making this about you personally may be what some are turned off by in your responses. Take a deep breath. contribute and converse. Bust some chops and don't poke the bear. 

• Like 6

Like I say to my MS students (which is frightfully relevant to an adult forum), “put your big boy/girl pants on...if you make a mistake or say something foolish, people may just call you out on it so you can correct yourself! You are not babies anymore; everything you say is not always cute or right like when you were babies.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

DANG  !!…...I thought that everything I said was cute AND right....Thanks for busting my balloon....I'm going out to the garden and eat worms...<< SIGH>>….

Pygmy  off topic but   I wanted to ask why you don't have security cameras looking at your front door if you have safety concerns ? Especially when you said you like to answer the door at night with a gun in your hand . The  cameras are not to expensive these days  and it is much cheaper then the lawyer bill will be for putting a hole in someone by accident or on purpose either way you will not be happy with the outcome. 

Just saying 

Disclaimer I'm not an expert

Take my advice at your own risk.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Like I say to my MS students (which is frightfully relevant to an adult forum), “put your big boy/girl pants on...if you make a mistake or say something foolish, people may just call you out on it so you can correct yourself! You are not babies anymore; everything you say is not always cute or right like when you were babies.”

Maybe off topic but 

A lot of discussions on here are just opinions  what one member says may or may not be right or wrong . So Better to let all people speak and let the viewers sort out who they want to believe.  Free speech baby the American way !! .

Of course there are some nowadays that  don't want free speech anymore looks like  .

And others  that want to dictate what weapon they think you should   be able to use .

40 minutes ago, Belo said:

not trying to be a dick, but we've been over this. free speech does not apply to a private internet forum. It only absolves you from criminal charges by the government. Similarly, your employer wont let you just say what you want without 

40 minutes ago, Belo said:

not trying to be a dick, but we've been over this. free speech does not apply to a private internet forum. It only absolves you from criminal charges by the government. Similarly, your employer wont let you just say what you want without consequence. 

Well that all depends on the terms and services agreement you  agree to on any social media site like this . Does it say you can't Express a different opinion then the owner  on a social media forum like this don't think so. 

It just says they don't want you to insult making personal attacks on other members  .

Edited by Storm914

It’s 70 degrees, the sun is shining, the birds are singing and I have a cold beverage in my hand- freedom of speech allows me to say, “Golly today sucks-it’s too bright, the birds are so annoying and my cold drink hurts my teeth!”

And when I do your freedom of speech should tell me that I am an A-hole!!!

2 hours ago, Belo said:

not trying to be a dick, but we've been over this. free speech does not apply to a private internet forum. It only absolves you from criminal charges by the government. Similarly, your employer wont let you just say what you want without consequence. 

But you are, after all from Dicksville !  Is that anywhere near Ballston???............:pleasantry: 

I do agree to your post Belo.  As much as I'd like to at times, I can't just say anything I want, at anytime, anywhere, without some repercussions. Even if it is a Constitutional Right.  Common sense and free speech should go together. Just because you have a Right, doesn't mean you should use it foolishly. Some understand this better than others. And please don't get me wrong, I'm all for exercising our Rights. But I believe the US Constitution, was written with a lot of common sense. And best applied for everyone when using some.

Sadly, too many have lost sight of this. And just spout useless garbage, that few listen to.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

The First Amendment of the United States Constitution protects the right to freedom of religion and freedom of expression from government interference.  Its a limitation on the government, not other parties in private contexts.

lawyer'd!  

tenor.gif

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 1

yeah it cracks me up that people think they can say whatever they want and have no repercussions or reaction and claim it to be free speech.  Free speech --- see above - as Moog clearly stated.  Sure say whatever you want but realize everyone else can too that hears it.  And they also have the right to react - ie - fire you, ban you, ignore you, dislike you etc etc - they just cant prosecute you.    

Well to be perfectly honest, in my humble opinion, of course without offending. anyone who thinks differently from my point of view, but also by looking into this matter in a different perspective and without being condemning of one's view's and by trying to make it objectified, and by considering each and every one's valid opinion, I honestly believe that I completely forgot what I was going to say. 
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1