Personal attacks

WNYBuckHunter

7 pages of comments on a thread from a moderator about personal attacks. 

How he hasn't demonstrated the ban hammer so eloquently debated about in this thread is beyond me. 

In light of being part of the solution, I propose driving a hard line on everything in this forum. There is no democracy here. The laissez-faire style is NOT what made this forum great. But getting rid of that style will make it less worse.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Dude above needs to be mindful of his own replys under my posts then.

Be mindful that I didn't quote you. Just because my post is underneath yours (without a quote) does not indicate that it is a measurement of my assessment as to how dumb I think you and your post truly are. You are making an assumption. And, we all know what happens then.

Edited by phade
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, phade said:

7 pages of comments on a thread from a moderator about personal attacks. 

How he hasn't demonstrated the ban hammer so eloquently debated about in this thread is beyond me. 

In light of being part of the solution, I propose driving a hard line on everything in this forum. There is no democracy here. The laissez-faire style is NOT what made this forum great. But getting rid of that style will make it less worse.

Ive been too busy at work to pay attention. Just hit one with the ban hammer, more to come...

• Like 3

On 3/8/2019 at 4:58 PM, tommyc50 said:

thank you its been a slow slide ever since . Free speech doesn't give a token few the right to bully or bash someone to make themselves feel superior. I for one was [ I don't come on here any more] extremely bothered what I seen with new people posting something and and women yes, growalot and a few times I seen guys bash paula. I loved this place and made a lot of friends[ all gone now, why?]. the last straw was when I commented on the Woodstock '99 where I heard a girl got raped  and I was ganged up on and  bashed on  ,I said that's it im done here and this guy said aaaww come on we're only having a little fun WELL @#$% YOU!!!!

so just to be clear, as long as someone isn't attacking someones gender, race or religion specifically, woman should be treated differently?

On 3/8/2019 at 6:02 PM, wolc123 said:

Were those permanent bans or just short vacations ?   Either way, it is good to see the bb's getting the respect they deserve on this forum where meat has been shown to be more important than antlers by a 3 to 1 margin with those having the guts to go public and pick one over the other.        

perm I believe. The threads still up in the contest section unless those comments were taken down. And no, nobody is giving a bb more respect. The point is that it was a legal harvest and the hunter should not be shamed for doing so. I think it's perfectly fine for members to express their concern or perhaps make suggestions on why he shouldn't, but when you call another hunter names or put them down for their decision it crosses a line for me, or in the case of ole bill calling out my lack of turkey hunting success in a discussion about 60's martial arts videos. On this site, you can call me whatever you want without mentioning my family or my hunting and we're good.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:37 AM, grampy said:

I work to make my boss look good. When he looks good, I look good. And as long as he looks good, he leaves me alone to do my job. 

I rarely see him anymore. Except to give each other pep talks.

Working in a public school district, there are many times I have to bite my tongue and walk away though. 

On 3/9/2019 at 10:37 AM, Nytracker said:

Allegiance  is not in the corporate  vocabulary where  I work.  I have seen my bosses throw subordinates  under the buss countless times. I have worked for great bosses that have done great jobs only to see their bosses take credit  for our hard work  and then sacrificed at the drop of the hat . Toxic  work environment  at best.  I do my job well to the best of my ability . I have learned to do exactly what they ask  wether I think it's right or wrong  no questions. They reap what  they  sow.

think of a good boss like mom. When mom's happy, everyone is happy. Do your job, offer input when you feel it's necessary or welcome and then despite what the outcome is, accept it. Know that (good boss) just wants to meet the goals and if you help, you'll be recognized. Recognition comes in many forms. Like grampy said, it may be that he stays off your back, it might mean a bonus, promotion, salary increase, looking the other way when you duck out to hunt on a crisp November afternoon. Good boss sees when you're adding value and when you're not. Good boss tries within their means to recognize. 

I will also add that good boss actually likes feedback and to hear your insight into the topic. But also hopes it's understood if a decision is made that you don't agree with that you're not going to act like an 8 year old. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phade said:

Be mindful that I didn't quote you. Just because my post is underneath yours (without a quote) does not indicate that it is a measurement of my assessment as to how dumb I think you and your post truly are. You are making an assumption. And, we all know what happens then.

he doesn't understand the internet very well. It wasn't until sometime last year that he figured out how to post "utube" links. At first he would tell people to go search for "xyz". 

edit to say this isn't a "personal attack." it's a legitimate fact that you can check easily if you're offended by what I said.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Ive been too busy at work to pay attention. Just hit one with the ban hammer, more to come...

Why not make a post on here to announce that someone has been banned?  Might serve as an example to discourage the nonsense.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Belo said:

I think it's perfectly fine for members to express their concern ....

Maybe you do, but apparently the mods don't, so I guess those two got a permanent vacation.   Members should worry about what they kill themselves and not so much about what other members do.   If they have "concerns", a better method of expressing themselves would be a pm.  I see a personal attack as nothing more than the attacker's public display of their own weakness and insecurity.  Personally, I welcome them on myself, and I would prefer that only those were not restricted by the moderators.  I am always looking for more folks to put on my prayer list.  I do not enjoy seeing other's attacked though, and this site would be better if those attacks were reduced.  It does seem that this thread has achieved that objective.  Thanks to the mods for that.    

4 hours ago, Belo said:

think of a good boss like mom. When mom's happy, everyone is happy. Do your job, offer input when you feel it's necessary or welcome and then despite what the outcome is, accept it. Know that (good boss) just wants to meet the goals and if you help, you'll be recognized. Recognition comes in many forms. Like grampy said, it may be that he stays off your back, it might mean a bonus, promotion, salary increase, looking the other way when you duck out to hunt on a crisp November afternoon. Good boss sees when you're adding value and when you're not. Good boss tries within their means to recognize. 

I will also add that good boss actually likes feedback and to hear your insight into the topic. But also hopes it's understood if a decision is made that you don't agree with that you're not going to act like an 8 year old. 

Like I said I have had good bosses  and I have had bad . I have had 13 different  department heads in 19 years.  I do my job and do  it well. My current  boss knows me well he came up through the ranks.  When he hears great idea wish I thought of it  he knows there's a problem .  If he is interested in my opinion he comes out to ask if not he gets exactly what he asks for . I wont argue. My current boss is a good boss. And he has been in that position  the longest .

• Like 1