Personal attacks

WNYBuckHunter

8 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I'm probably on the Short Ban List. Not too well Liked. Anyway, I did not respond to Phade yesterday after he wrote on page 7---- How Dumb,I Think You Are. Was not easy...  Back to the Warehouse Floor.

Stop being so dramatic and maybe less people would be annoyed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, rob-c said:

This is not directed at any one person, but if guys/ girls would take the high road every now and again when there’s a disagreement this thread would never have been started. 

I’ve posted things guys jumped on me for , know what I did ? Thought about why they saw it the way they did vs. what I said ,realized I wasn’t as clear as I meant to be and just didn’t reply to that thread anymore , as it wasn’t worth it .

• Like 3

17 hours ago, wolc123 said:

Maybe you do, but apparently the mods don't, so I guess those two got a permanent vacation.   Members should worry about what they kill themselves and not so much about what other members do.   If they have "concerns", a better method of expressing themselves would be a pm.  I see a personal attack as nothing more than the attacker's public display of their own weakness and insecurity.  Personally, I welcome them on myself, and I would prefer that only those were not restricted by the moderators.  I am always looking for more folks to put on my prayer list.  I do not enjoy seeing other's attacked though, and this site would be better if those attacks were reduced.  It does seem that this thread has achieved that objective.  Thanks to the mods for that.    

part of the reason for a forum is to have civil intelligent debates. They can obviously become spirited when members take firm stances on either side. Shooting a bb, ARs, crossbows etc all fall into that category. It is more than fine to talk through these topics, and more than ok for members to plead their side to fence sitters and the like. Heck, I've had plenty of my opinions changed by well informed and civil discussions on this site. 

So if you shoot a bb and post it up on here you're subject to a discussion. Where it's not ok in my opinion is when someone criticizes the hunter. There are plenty of civil ways to express your opinion without attacking someone. For example. "Congrats on the kill, here are some reasons we should try to let young bucks grow". It's not personal but sparks a conversation. Not ok, would be "did he have milk on his lips?", "baby killer", "what a slob" etc.

And honestly my favorite statement of all, if you don't care for others opinions at all, it's very easy not to post about your deer. There are no rules on this board that require a member to post pictures or tell their stories. I know that I'm not alone on this site of members who have just stopped sharing some of their harvests. Because honestly it doesn't seem to benefit me and not sharing them doesn't make them not true.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

He can't hear you anymore ! :negative:

Is he permanently banned or serving a "time out " ? I haven't read the previous 8 pages but I would hate to see anyone go. I always consider the internet as entertainment  , but rules are rules I guess. I think I just saw somewhere that the World Wide Web is 30 years old today.

54 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Is he permanently banned or serving a "time out " ? I haven't read the previous 8 pages but I would hate to see anyone go. I always consider the internet as entertainment  , but rules are rules I guess. I think I just saw somewhere that the World Wide Web is 30 years old today.

He is in the internet prison 

Edited by Storm914
  • Haha 1

It is indeed. I met tim berners-lee while doing my graduate studies. Wild dude. I wonder if the knew this thread would be to what his invention would lead.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I'm probably on the Short Ban List. Not too well Liked. Anyway, I did not respond to Phade yesterday after he wrote on page 7---- How Dumb,I Think You Are. Was not easy...  Back to the Warehouse Floor.

Iv'e told you this before, and now I will say it again! If you don't like this site then sign out and don't come back. We all know why you wont, you are a glory hound and love the publicity. You love the attention, just like your new BFF Stormy.

You like to cry 'Poor Me", but you have also in a round about way threatened people, posting "You would not say that to my face! " can be taken as a threat. Which brings me to another point, in that thread you like to bring up, you state you will not go back at people ( I can't remember your exact words, and I am tired from spending most of my day in the woods ).

Man, you just cant stop feeling sorry for you. Which makes me not feel sorry for you.

Bill, I honestly hope you have the Spring Turkey Season Of A Lifetime! All I ask is quit acting like a Democrat and whining about everything.

FYI, I almost was going to drop your UN from OG in this post Bill.

16 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Iv'e told you this before, and now I will say it again! If you don't like this site then sign out and don't come back. We all know why you wont, you are a glory hound and love the publicity. You love the attention, just like your new BFF Stormy.

You like to cry 'Poor Me", but you have also in a round about way threatened people, posting "You would not say that to my face! " can be taken as a threat. Which brings me to another point, in that thread you like to bring up, you state you will not go back at people ( I can't remember your exact words, and I am tired from spending most of my day in the woods ).

Man, you just cant stop feeling sorry for you. Which makes me not feel sorry for you.

Bill, I honestly hope you have the Spring Turkey Season Of A Lifetime! All I ask is quit acting like a Democrat and whining about everything.

FYI, I almost was going to drop your UN from OG in this post Bill.

Seriously keep me out of  your fights  .I don't need or want your attention  if I did I would be posting YouTube  videos  of how great I am or tell you what a expert I am . Which I explicitly don't  do that . 

Edited by Storm914
  • Like 1