Personal attacks

WNYBuckHunter

13 hours ago, airedale said:

No problem with a debate for me but I have zero tolerance for personal attacks, cheap shots and name calling under any circumstances. The Growalot episode on this board comes to mind, a black eye in my opinion, it was ugly and should have been nipped in the bud and this latest deal with Storm was heading fast in the same direction.

Al

thank you its been a slow slide ever since . Free speech doesn't give a token few the right to bully or bash someone to make themselves feel superior. I for one was [ I don't come on here any more] extremely bothered what I seen with new people posting something and and women yes, growalot and a few times I seen guys bash paula. I loved this place and made a lot of friends[ all gone now, why?]. the last straw was when I commented on the Woodstock '99 where I heard a girl got raped  and I was ganged up on and  bashed on  ,I said that's it im done here and this guy said aaaww come on we're only having a little fun WELL @#$% YOU!!!!

The times I’ve said something that brought about strong counter viewpoints, I mostly moved on .

Others gotta keep poking the bear ,and then wonder why they got swatted .

Paula was picked on ? When ? I spend way to much time here and never saw anything close , did I miss something ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

The times I’ve said something that brought about strong counter viewpoints, I mostly moved on .

Others gotta keep poking the bear ,and then wonder why they got swatted .

Paula was picked on ? When ? I spend way to much time here and never saw anything close , did I miss something ?

Go look at the thread titled forum jerkoff  that is  what they are talking about .

thank you its been a slow slide ever since . Free speech doesn't give a token few the right to bully or bash someone to make themselves feel superior. I for one was [ I don't come on here any more] extremely bothered what I seen with new people posting something and and women yes, growalot and a few times I seen guys bash paula. I loved this place and made a lot of friends[ all gone now, why?]. the last straw was when I commented on the Woodstock '99 where I heard a girl got raped  and I was ganged up on and  bashed on  ,I said that's it im done here and this guy said aaaww come on we're only having a little fun WELL FUCK YOU!!!!
Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Go look at the thread titled forum jerkoff  that is  what they are talking about .

Just did. Her response was,  “ oh boy I stepped into that .” and that was the end .

Biz and Paula often go back and forth in a friendly kidding  way, that’s all it was .

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Just did. Her response was,  “ oh boy I stepped into that .” and that was the end .

Biz and Paula often go back and forth in a friendly kidding  way, that’s all it was .

You asked I just posted was not making a moral judgment about what that was about.

Who picked on me? Why would anyone want to? Lol

I think what they are referring to is how you have been trampling on Biz’s heart by posting all the yummy food your new beau has been whipping up! Harsh Paula...harsh!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Belo said:

yeah that's true. I still think the point is worth making though. I believe 2 members were banned this season when chef shot that bb. 

Were those permanent bans or just short vacations ?   Either way, it is good to see the bb's getting the respect they deserve on this forum where meat has been shown to be more important than antlers by a 3 to 1 margin with those having the guts to go public and pick one over the other.        

Edited by wolc123

Were those permanent bans or just short vacations ?   Either way, it is good to see the bb's getting the respect they deserve on this forum where meat has been shown to be more important than antlers by a 3 to 1 margin with those having the guts to pick one over the other.        

Wow...you trying to resurrect FSW during your Lenten season!!!

Just now, crappyice said:

Wow...you trying to resurrect FSW during your Lenten season!!!

What do you mean, did I miss something ?     I hope he has not been banned because I really love Trophy hunters.  Some years those bucks that "do not meet their harvest standards" might be all that saves my family from more store bought chicken.    

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

What do you mean, did I miss something ?     I hope he has not been banned because I really love Trophy hunters.  Some years those bucks that "do not meet their harvest standards" might be all that saves my family from more store bought chicken.    

Wolf did you ever consider starting your own Farm or garden or both raise some cattle chickens rabbits goats maybe . So you can rely on something other than hunting and not the grocery store for food. 

Just wondering 

No idea where he’s been....I asked a legit shed question of him a month ago and haven’t heard anything.

• Thanks 1

WNYBuckHunter thank you for addressing this problem.

An explanation of “inappropriate” remarks can be found at:  http://huntingny.com/rules

Those who believe making “inappropriate” remarks may not come back to haunt them, need to be aware of the continuous flow of nonsense gun control happening in New York.  The following is such legislation directed at those who make “inappropriate” remarks on social media:  https://www.nysenate.gov/legislation/bills/2019/s1413

S1413 (ACTIVE) - SUMMARY

Relates to requiring social media and search engine reviews prior to the approval of an application or renewal of a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver; requires a person applying for a license to carry or possess a pistol or revolver or a renewal of such license to consent to having his or her social media accounts and search engine history reviewed and investigated for certain posts and/or searches over a period of 1-3 years prior to the approval of such application or renewal; defines terms.

Here's the issue I see, sometimes these pointless threads just keep going and going. It reminds me of arguing with my wife, I can't wait for it to end and she won't stop. Some people waste a lot of time and energy on pointless back and forths. Honestly I can't believe people focus so much on the negativity. Just my 2 cents I'm out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Wolf did you ever consider starting your own Farm or garden or both raise some cattle chickens rabbits goats maybe . So you can rely on something other than hunting and not the grocery store for food. 

Just wondering 

When I was a kid, we raised cattle, pigs, sheep, chickens, geese, and rabbits on our farm.   We got rid of all the livestock, except the chickens, after my grandad died of a heart attack.  My dad found that chickens were the cheapest way to keep the family fed, so we ate a lot more of that than I would have preferred.  My only fond memory of those birds was being the first kid in our town 4-H club to win a major award at the county fair.  I had the grand champion meat cock back in the early 70's.  After breaking the ice with that, our club continued to dominate the chicken, as well as steer, pig, and sheep competitions well into the 80's.  My folks still raise laying hens.  I don't mind eating the eggs, but I still have an issue with the meat from those birds. 

Raising livestock might sound fun, but it is anything but, when compared to killing and eating wild game.   I never felt right about pretending to be an animal's friend, until it was time to butcher.   Dealing with vets sucks, as does trying to beat the rain to get crops out of the field, and dealing with frozen water in the winter.   Stacking hay in a hot loft in the summer also gets pretty uncomfortable.   The worst part is the plaque that builds up in your arteries, from eating most of those animals.  Wild game gets rid of all that "bad" stuff.   When the state loosened up on the doe permits, back in the mid-80's, it got pretty easy to get all the protein needed to raise a family, at minimal cost, off the fat of the land.   It has only gotten even easier since then, as hunter numbers have declined, and lots of able-bodied folks have moved to other states.   

If the current overflowing venison well ever goes dry, I might try raising grass-fed goats.  That would probably be the closest red meat I could find to a whitetail, as far as how good it would be for your heart, in a domestic animal.  I hope that does not happen in my lifetime.  I don't ever want to have to deal with a vet again, or to miss out on a fun vacation because I have to stay home and feed the animals.   I can't understand why anyone would want to raise domestic livestock under current conditions.   I am very thankful that NY really takes care of us meat hunters.          

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

A friend of  mine had a good job with a local industry....He was very talented and good at his job...He was also quite headstrong and opinionated  and was prone to say  just what was on his mind...

He got canned from his job a few years before he was eligible for retirement...

After he got fired, I asked his brother what happened...

His brother said  " You can only tell your boss to go **** himself SO many times.."        True story.....

• Like 3