Personal attacks

WNYBuckHunter

8 hours ago, wolc123 said:

When I was a kid, we raised cattle, pigs, sheep, chickens, geese, and rabbits on our farm.   We got rid of all the livestock, except the chickens, after my grandad died of a heart attack.  My dad found that chickens were the cheapest way to keep the family fed, so we ate a lot more of that than I would have preferred.  My only fond memory of those birds was being the first kid in our town 4-H club to win a major award at the county fair.  I had the grand champion meat cock back in the early 70's.  After breaking the ice with that, our club continued to dominate the chicken, as well as steer, pig, and sheep competitions well into the 80's.  My folks still raise laying hens.  I don't mind eating the eggs, but I still have an issue with the meat from those birds. 

Raising livestock might sound fun, but it is anything but, when compared to killing and eating wild game.   I never felt right about pretending to be an animal's friend, until it was time to butcher.   Dealing with vets sucks, as does trying to beat the rain to get crops out of the field, and dealing with frozen water in the winter.   Stacking hay in a hot loft in the summer also gets pretty uncomfortable.   The worst part is the plaque that builds up in your arteries, from eating most of those animals.  Wild game gets rid of all that "bad" stuff.   When the state loosened up on the doe permits, back in the mid-80's, it got pretty easy to get all the protein needed to raise a family, at minimal cost, off the fat of the land.   It has only gotten even easier since then, as hunter numbers have declined, and lots of able-bodied folks have moved to other states.   

If the current overflowing venison well ever goes dry, I might try raising grass-fed goats.  That would probably be the closest red meat I could find to a whitetail, as far as how good it would be for your heart, in a domestic animal.  I hope that does not happen in my lifetime.  I don't ever want to have to deal with a vet again, or to miss out on a fun vacation because I have to stay home and feed the animals.   I can't understand why anyone would want to raise domestic livestock under current conditions.   I am very thankful that NY really takes care of us meat hunters.          

My farther had similar story's he  also grow up on a farm as a kid with livestock . the only thing he still likes to do is grow a garden now. And use to hunt not anymore  age .

He can't stand live stock and even fireplaces he told me one time " I grew up with those dam things and no other way to  heat the house as a kid  and I still have the smoke in my lungs from it" he thinks there unhealthy . 

Edited by Storm914

10 hours ago, wolc123 said:

When I was a kid, we raised cattle, pigs, sheep, chickens, geese, and rabbits on our farm.   We got rid of all the livestock, except the chickens, after my grandad died of a heart attack.  My dad found that chickens were the cheapest way to keep the family fed, so we ate a lot more of that than I would have preferred.  My only fond memory of those birds was being the first kid in our town 4-H club to win a major award at the county fair.  I had the grand champion meat cock back in the early 70's.  After breaking the ice with that, our club continued to dominate the chicken, as well as steer, pig, and sheep competitions well into the 80's.  My folks still raise laying hens.  I don't mind eating the eggs, but I still have an issue with the meat from those birds. 

Raising livestock might sound fun, but it is anything but, when compared to killing and eating wild game.   I never felt right about pretending to be an animal's friend, until it was time to butcher.   Dealing with vets sucks, as does trying to beat the rain to get crops out of the field, and dealing with frozen water in the winter.   Stacking hay in a hot loft in the summer also gets pretty uncomfortable.   The worst part is the plaque that builds up in your arteries, from eating most of those animals.  Wild game gets rid of all that "bad" stuff.   When the state loosened up on the doe permits, back in the mid-80's, it got pretty easy to get all the protein needed to raise a family, at minimal cost, off the fat of the land.   It has only gotten even easier since then, as hunter numbers have declined, and lots of able-bodied folks have moved to other states.   

If the current overflowing venison well ever goes dry, I might try raising grass-fed goats.  That would probably be the closest red meat I could find to a whitetail, as far as how good it would be for your heart, in a domestic animal.  I hope that does not happen in my lifetime.  I don't ever want to have to deal with a vet again, or to miss out on a fun vacation because I have to stay home and feed the animals.   I can't understand why anyone would want to raise domestic livestock under current conditions.   I am very thankful that NY really takes care of us meat hunters.          

Congratulations on having a grand champion meat cock

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

What do you mean, did I miss something ?     I hope he has not been banned because I really love Trophy hunters.  Some years those bucks that "do not meet their harvest standards" might be all that saves my family from more store bought chicken.    

I’m no lawyer but I don’t think a ban from this site prohibits him from actually hunting NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, zag said:

Here's the issue I see, sometimes these pointless threads just keep going and going. It reminds me of arguing with my wife, I can't wait for it to end and she won't stop. Some people waste a lot of time and energy on pointless back and forths. Honestly I can't believe people focus so much on the negativity. Just my 2 cents I'm out!

You not only described this forum, but our nation as well.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I do remember the unfortunate Member around the Time period of Mid-April of either 2016 or 2017. He made the Bold Statement of wishing that there was not a Youth Spring Turkey Weekend. Talk about a Gangup!!  I remember posting that our Youth are our Future and yes-- that Youth might Shoot the Big Gobbler you Scouted for yourself. That was a Mild response compared to the other 90- 100 or so. I believe that Thread was Deleted. I also remember Very Late May of 2016 or 17 when, I had a Severe Knee Injury from stepping into a Deep Pothole. I took a Light 20 Gauge with 2 3/4" 6s- 1 Call and Hobbled in over 1 Mile . Ended up slightly Wounding a Gobbler right after Fly-down. A good 90-100 replys. That was a bad time for me ! That Thread was Deleted. That's it-- one or two people-- Block them and move on. A Gangup Needs To Be Nipped In The Bud.

I call BS on claiming threads are deleted. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

A friend of  mine had a good job with a local industry....He was very talented and good at his job...He was also quite headstrong and opinionated  and was prone to say  just what was on his mind...

He got canned from his job a few years before he was eligible for retirement...

After he got fired, I asked his brother what happened...

His brother said  " You can only tell your boss to go **** himself SO many times.."        True story.....

My middle brother has lost many jobs because he runs his mouth. Fine  line between being headstrong and stupid.. 

9 hours ago, Pygmy said:

A friend of  mine had a good job with a local industry....He was very talented and good at his job...He was also quite headstrong and opinionated  and was prone to say  just what was on his mind...

He got canned from his job a few years before he was eligible for retirement...

After he got fired, I asked his brother what happened...

His brother said  " You can only tell your boss to go **** himself SO many times.."        True story.....

See it all the time .....   Myself  I just smile say great idea ... wish I thought of it myself  or your the boss. Of course I'm being sarcastic and rolling my eyes. Thinking  I will be working long after they are gone as I go . I see a lot of bosses  come and go.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

See it all the time .....   Myself  I just smile say great idea ... wish I thought of it myself  or your the boss. Of course I'm being sarcastic and rolling my eyes. Thinking  I will be working long after they are gone as I go . I see a lot of bosses  come and go.

I work to make my boss look good. When he looks good, I look good. And as long as he looks good, he leaves me alone to do my job. 

I rarely see him anymore. Except to give each other pep talks.

Working in a public school district, there are many times I have to bite my tongue and walk away though. 

• Like 4

Allegiance  is not in the corporate  vocabulary where  I work.  I have seen my bosses throw subordinates  under the buss countless times. I have worked for great bosses that have done great jobs only to see their bosses take credit  for our hard work  and then sacrificed at the drop of the hat . Toxic  work environment  at best.  I do my job well to the best of my ability . I have learned to do exactly what they ask  wether I think it's right or wrong  no questions. They reap what  they  sow.

I’ve worked for some doozies! Currently I have a fantastic boss, and our boss is also great. I’d run through a brick wall for either of them

Self employed or stay at home mom/dad(don’t want to offend- not sure how you identify)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, crappyice said:

No idea where he’s been....I asked a legit shed question of him a month ago and haven’t heard anything.

Haven’t heard from him since I told him to take a long walk off a short Pier 

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Haven’t heard from him since I told him to take a long walk off a short Pier 

I see FSW's last visit here was Feb 18 and his last post was a response to a personal attack by a well-known member other than yourself, on Feb 15.  Here are my own best guesses as to where he might be:

1) Enjoying himself, spending some of the oodles and oodles of cash he has made off fellow trophy hunters, down in the tropics.

2) Sulking and boycotting the site, having finally come to the realization that antlers are not the primary driving force behind most NY deer hunters.

3) Physically incapacitated.

I am praying for him and hoping it is #1.  Trophy hunters are awesome and he has no close second when it comes to that on this site.   

42 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I see FSW's last visit here was Feb 18 and his last post was a response to a personal attack by a well-known member other than yourself, on Feb 15.  Here are my own best guesses as to where he might be:

1) Enjoying himself, spending some of the oodles and oodles of cash he has made off fellow trophy hunters, down in the tropics.

2) Sulking and boycotting the site, having finally come to the realization that antlers are not the primary driving force behind most NY deer hunters.

I am praying for him and hoping it is #1.  Trophy hunters are awesome and he has no close second when it comes to that on this site.   

Kinda weird you care where he is

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I’m gender fluid but not self employed

"    GENDER FLUID "  ?????  Does that mean you flow both ways ???....

Just wondering..Not that there is anything WRONG with that...Just would like to know before I spend another night with you in a small tent...Hehehe....

• Like 3

"    GENDER FLUID "  ?????  Does that mean you flow both ways ???....
Just wondering..Not that there is anything WRONG with that...Just would like to know before I spend another night with you in a small tent...Hehehe....

Regardless of the gender I’m into women lol

• Like 2

I’m a trophy hunter! No does

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I figured he was in the hospital  for injuries suffered when he crashed his vehicle after losing control while swerving trying to run over a coyote...

Dan

If I didn't want to be thrown off this site, I might call you an old little person that partners with Euchre renegers and who killed all the deer in Mendon that has no business joking about others.  But I will bite my tongue in an effort to avoid personal attacks and maintain privileges.  Happy Monday my friend.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I figured he was in the hospital  for injuries suffered when he crashed his vehicle after losing control while swerving trying to run over a coyote...

I was once hospitalized when I swerved to avoid a baby , fall right off the couch ! 

• Haha 1